⋆ Chapter 17 ⋆

XVII. • °

When Nadia, Tessa, and Silas got back yesterday from getting groceries I was trying to act as normal as possible despite still being shocked by Kobe trying to kiss me. Silas found it weird that Kobe had left so suddenly without telling him or Damon. So he and Damon went to go check on him.

I didn't tell anyone what happened because I didn't want to do that to Kobe and risk embarrassing him from the moment that he tried to have with me and got rejected.  Since I had made it clear that he could not ever try to do that again, I felt that it was best for me to forget that situation and continue being his friend.

I was still concerned and worried about if he was okay because I'd never seen him be sad before or show that side of him so I was really hoping that it wouldn't affect our friendship. I really loved having him as a friend and I just couldn't see him as anything other than that even though he is attractive and such a sweet guy. However, that just doesn't change the way I feel about us just being friends.

At least I was hopefully going to be seeing him in school today and see how he was doing.

I rolled over and grabbed my phone to see what time it was, it was 6:10 am. I rolled back over to see Nadia and Tessa sleeping so peacefully...

"It's a fire, guys wake up we have to go!" I yelled jumping out of the bed and yanking on the blanket.

Nadia jumped awake falling out of bed, "What the freak is going on?"

I grabbed a pillow and threw it at Tessa, "Tessa! We have to go it's a fire!"

Tessa abruptly woke up when the pillow hit her head, "I don't care, let me sleep."

Nadia got off the ground hurrying over to her dresser grabbing a pair of sunglasses, and any purses that were on her dresser. "Okay, I'm ready Tessa come on!"

Tessa rolled out of bed slowly groaning, "Okay, okay, I'm coming."

I fell back on the bed laughing hysterically, "Ahhh, you guys should have seen your faces!"

They both stared at me in disbelief with sleep still set on their face.

"I'm gonna fucking kill you!" Tessa screamed brushing past Nadia and making her drop her sunglasses on the hard wooden floor breaking them.

"No, no, no I just bought these last weekend!" Nadia said falling to the ground.

"Sorry..."Tessa and I said in sync holding our hands over our mouths.

Nadia picked herself off the ground grabbing the broken pieces of her sunglasses, she was really upset but tried to not show it.

"Nadia..."

"I'm okay, it's okay." She said walking over to her closet."I'm...going to go downstairs to get ready." She grabbed some clothes and walked out of the room.

"Beat you to the bathroom," Tessa said hurrying to the bathroom in the room and closing the door behind her.

"But-" I started to say but they had both left and now I felt bad...this is what I get for playing.

While waiting on them I got on my phone, I saw I had more missed calls and voicemails from a number. I saw that the number area code was not from around my area so I immediately thought about my dad.

He had made another text-free number since I had blocked the other one from reaching out to me. I was still upset at him, why couldn't he get the hint?

I just wanted him to leave me alone, I wanted to finally live my life without any distractions from myself.