⋆ Chapter 14 ⋆

XIV. • °

TW: This chapter contains assault and sensitive themes.

Today was Friday which means it was the day that I deeply cleaned up my apartment. I would try to deeply clean every two weeks but since Mark has been staying here I was forced to do it one week early. I really didn't mind, it was going to help keep my mind off of things.

He still wasn't cleaning up his mess and leaving his dirty clothes around the house. He was messing up the bathrooms and leaving the toilet seat up which irked me more than him not cleaning.

I kind of felt like he was doing all of this on purpose from the last encounter we had, I didn't want him to see how much he intimidated me but at that moment I couldn't help it I was scared.

I tried avoiding him since then, when he's here I'm in my room or if I'm lucky I'm at school and when I get back he's asleep. My dad still didn't know about the encounter we had, I wanted to tell him but truthfully I didn't have time to actually sit down with him and talk about it because when he was there so was Mark.

When I got out of the shower I got dressed and went and grabbed my gloves and cleaning supplies to start cleaning up the bathrooms. I scrubbed the toilets, washed out the showers, and cleaned up around the sinks, and finished up with mopping the floors.

I moved into the dining room vacuuming and picking up anything Mark had lying around. From there I went to the kitchen, cleaned the dishes, and the counters, and mopped the floor.

I was breaking a sweat by this point but I still had my bedroom and my dad's bedroom left. I wanted to go ahead and do his first before he got home.

I made up his bed and cleared off his nightstand and dresser of anything not needed laying around. I grabbed some extra pillows off his bed heading to the closet to put them up.

When I opened up his closet loads of trash bags came falling out. "Ugh...really Dad," I said with annoyance set in my voice.

I set the pillows aside and tried lifting up one of the trash bags. It was barely budging.

I tried to pull with as much force as I could lifting it slightly off the ground. I tried to pull it out of the closet but that caused me to fall back on the ground.

"Fuck." I say picking myself up off the floor. "This is starting to piss me off-"I instantly stopped in my tracks.

The trash bag was lying on the ground open, and falling out of it were pill bottles and little bags. I squinted my eyes getting closer to them, and that's when my eyes landed on the names attached to the pill bottles and the bags. Cocaine,  heroine, and the further I looked there were needles.

I didn't know what to say or what to do. I couldn't understand why my dad had this.

What was he doing with this? As I stood there I heard rattling at my front door.

"We're back kiddo, I was thinking maybe pizza for dinner?" I heard my dad ask as I stood there still in his room looking at everything that had just come out of the trash bag.

I heard footsteps walking toward his room, when the footsteps stopped, it was my dad standing in his doorway looking at me.

"What is this?" I finally spoke.

"Josie..."

"No." I paused. "No more lies...you don't get to lie to me anymore!"

"Josie I can expl-"

"Explain?  Explain what? You having drugs in this house? I asked you...I pleaded with you to tell me the truth and this is what I find?" I felt my blood begin to boil. "So what, you're on drugs now? Is that why you fucking quit drinking? Or did you, is that a lie too?"