⋆ Chapter 18 ⋆

XVIII. • °

Yesterday after we got back from the mall Nadia made us watch a movie together. Usually, I would have gone off on my own to do my usual overthinking and wanting to be alone but I really didn't want to be alone yesterday.

I couldn't stop thinking about Kobe, no matter how many times they would tell me he wouldn't be upset, it wasn't about that. I knew that I should have just forgotten about the situation and went on like normal, but I slipped up and did something I wasn't proud of and it caused me to be a bad friend in the process. Making me feel terrible.

I decided to not even mention Silas and to try to stop thinking about him, he didn't want to be friends with me so the only thing I could do was just accept it.

Before getting out of bed I checked my phone and read the time, it was 6:40 am.

"Shit!" I blurted hurrying out of bed and towards the bathroom.

I was late, I was extremely late for school.

Nadia and Tessa must already be downstairs waiting on me, I wonder why they didn't wake me.

I was rushing to take a shower, it now has been so many times I have been late for school this semester.

I hopped out of the shower, quickly brushed my teeth, and got dressed. I threw my hair in a messy bun using my grey scrunchie that goes with anything, and it always compliments my brunette hair. I didn't have time to do anything else so I grabbed my shoes and bag and ran downstairs.

As I reached the bottom of the stairs I was hit by the strong aroma of breakfast and the immediate smell of bacon. I got to the kitchen and saw the refrigerator door being held open.

I sighed letting out a deep breath. "Really? You guys couldn't wake me up it's literally past seven we can't keep being late to school you guys heard what Mr.Dawson said."

The refrigerator door slowly closed and it wasn't Nadia or Tessa it was...

"Mrs. Vaughn, I mean Doria..." I spat out.

She let off a smile leaning up from the refrigerator door, "Good morning Josie, hope you slept well I'm making you girls some breakfast."

"Oh thank you but we're really la-"

"Do you like pancakes, bacon, and eggs?" Doria asked walking over to the counter and starting to fix a plate.

I came further into the kitchen and sat down on a stool at the island."Yeah, all sounds great."

She walked over and sat my plate down in front of me, it looked incredible and it smelled incredible too.

"Thank you," I say taking a bite of bacon. "I didn't know you were coming home today."

"Yeah, I uh got finished with all of my clients in the Colorado area so...back home for now." She says taking a seat next to me. "I didn't know you were staying here, Nadia never told me."

"Oh, I'm sorry... "

"No sweetie it's okay, you stay as long as you like, really." She says taking a sip of her coffee.

I took a few more bites of food before getting up. "This was all great thank you, I'm going to go find Nadia and Tess so we can head to school."

"What do you mean?" She paused letting out a laugh. "Sweetie...you know you don't have school today right? Today is the teacher conference."

I stood there for a moment baffled, I almost broke my leg running down the stairs thinking I was late for school. I had completely forgotten with all this madness going on that it was today before testing started.