⋆ Chapter 16 ⋆

XVI. • °

I turned in early last night, well at least that's what I told Nadia and Tessa, instead I went in  Nadia's room to prevent having a nervous breakdown. I couldn't believe Tessa had put liquor in my drink after she said she wasn't upset, I thought I was starting to understand her better but after yesterday I realized I was so far off.

But as much as I wanted to be upset at her, I couldn't. Nadia says all the time not to take anything she does seriously, and that sometimes she can be a bitch but it's her way of trying to have a friendship, and maybe in a way I did hurt her feelings without realizing it.

I mean, I really have pissed her off a few times now so I was trying to look on the brighter side and hope that maybe after yesterday she could feel better and we can actually try to have a friendship better than what it's been. I'm tired of fighting.

Besides what happened last night, I woke up to a much bigger problem. My dad was now starting to call me and leave voicemails on a text-free number. I was so angry that night that I blocked his number so that he couldn't reach me, but I realized the real reason I blocked his number was because I didn't want to hear his voice. I didn't want to feel any more sadness, I wanted to be happy and I was starting to be.

I knew that listening to his voicemail would only make me hurt again, only make me feel bad and want to go back to taking care of him. I didn't want that. I didn't need that. So I decided to delete the voicemail and block the number.

When I was done showering I went to the sink grabbing my toothbrush to brush my teeth.

"What the fuck!"

I dropped my toothbrush at the sound of the yelling that seemed to be coming from downstairs. I ran out of the bathroom quickly grabbed my clothes that were on the bed and put them on and ran down the stairs.

"You fucking dick!"

As I made my way to the living room I saw Kobe sitting there on the couch with Silas playing a game together.

Silas smacked the back of Kobe's head, "Bro shut up you're going to wake her up."

"If you're talking about me...I'm up." I breathed holding my chest trying to catch my breath feeling my fast-beating heart.

"Oh sorry sorry..." Kobe blurted glancing down at his watch. "You know it's 4 pm right?"

"It is not," I say going up to him lifting his hand up looking down at his watch. "What? Why didn't anyone wake me?"

"Tessa told us to let you sleep because you were up late last night," Silas answered keeping his gaze fixed on the TV in front of him.

"Of course she did." I paused. "Where are they?"

"Damon is probably at home sleeping, and Nadia's mom called her and asked her to go get groceries so she and Tess went," Silas explained.

"Oh okay..." I say letting out a deep breath. "Geez, I thought someone was getting killed down here."

Silas shook his head. "Nope, just Kobe being Kobe, a douche."

"Bro stop spamming, you're always playing Raiden just so you can spam the same move." Kobe blurted showing frustration in his voice.