Chapter 17

Kirishima's Pov:

As I stormed down the hallway, my mind finally processed what happened.

I could hear Kane calling for me to slow down, so he could talk to me.

I didn't want to talk.

I felt tears slip from my eyes and I slow down as the adrenaline leaves me, making me come to a stop.

I cover my face, sobs crawled out and I feel arms wrap around me, and an anxious,

"Ei, it's okay. You tried.. you tried, okay?"

I look up, barely able to speak from how thick my throat was,

"I loved him. I r-really did.."

Kane cups my face, tears in his own eyes as he says, "I know. I know, okay? But he doesn't deserve you or your love. Your special Ei, your so sweet, and funny. He'll see how much your really worth, and.."

He pauses, shakes his head and continues,

"He's gonna regret letting you go."

I couldn't keep my head up, I lay it on his shoulder, shaking from the emotions.

I grip his shirt and say, "It was so real. He loved me, he had too. Even if it was just for a moment. There were moments.."

I take a few steps away.

I needed a second to get myself together.

I needed to think, long and hard.

But Kane stops me and says, "Why are you torturing yourself, Ei? You know he's gonna tell you the same thing, again, and again. Please. See it."

I stop, my chest taking shaky breaths.

I spit, "I see it! Alright?!"

It goes silent, and I let my head drop.

I mumble, "I'm sorry."

Kane slowly approaches me, saying softly, "Let's go to my room, huh? We could just chill for a little while, whatever you want?"

I didn't answer, but Kane was already pulling me towards his room.

Kane slows down a bit and says, "So, Mina and I were thinking of throwing a party, it's gonna be at Tetsu's."

I don't say anything, but I look at him and see the blush on his face as he says,

"I'd really like to go with you.."

I stop, causing him to turn and face me.

I smile a bit and say, "Yeah, I'll go with you."

I watch a wide grin spread across his face and he hugs me.

I hug him back.

Maybe I should leave Bakugou alone, and actually try things with Kane.

I break the hug and say softly, "I'm still gonna need some time, just to think all of this over.. but I'll go with you to the party."

He smiles and says, "Okay. I'm glad."

He starts to head towards his room again but I didn't budge this time as I say,

"I'll come over later, yeah? I'm gonna go talk to Denki."

He nods and let's go of my hand, I smile and walk away.

As I walked, I thought about everything.

The first time I noticed Bakugou distancing himself.

Or the first time I was suspicious of him cheating.