Petra: Just look at how much Lance Corporal Levi trusts him!

Oluo: If you live that long...

Eren: Ahh...

On the perimeter of the forest. Armin and Jean speak.

Armin: I haven't lived that long, but I'm certain of one thing. If there's anyone who can bring change, it will be someone willing to sacrifice what they care for. It will be someone who can throw aside their humanity in order to defeat monsters. Someone who can't sacrifice anything can't ever change anything!

In the forest of giant trees. Erwin commands the soldiers near the Female Titan.

Erwin: Fire!

Hange: Ngh...

The soldiers fire more hooks into the Female Titan.

Hange: How do you like that? You won't even be able to scratch an itch now. You won't be able to make a single move, probably for the rest of your life. They're designed so that the more you heal your wounds, the more immobilized your joints become! Hehehehe... But they still can't draw out whoever is inside? What are Levi and Miche doing?

Levi and Miche aim for the Female Titan's hands, which are covering its nape. Before they can reach the hands, the Female Titan crystallizes them.

Levi, Miche: Ngh!

Levi and Miche attack, but their blades break.

Levi: Urgh!

Miche lands next to Erwin and shakes his head as he shows the broken blades.

Miche: Mm...

Erwin: (Thoughts) It can selectively harden its skin to protect specific parts of its body? It's similar to what I've heard of the Armored Titan.
(Thoughts) If we continue using the 3D Maneuver Gear and blades, will it weaken?
(Thoughts) We don't have time to find out. In that case...

Erwin raises his hand. Keiji approaches.

Keiji: Yes, sir?

Erwin: Prepare the explosives. Blow off its hands.

Keiji: Yes, sir... But there's a chance that the amount we carry has enough firepower to also blow up what's inside.

Erwin: Then set them to amputate the wrists. Set them all off at once on my signal.

Keiji: Roger.

Keiji signals to the soldiers manning the explosives to ready them. Levi stands on the Female Titan's head.

Levi: Hey... Why not just come out? We don't have time to waste. So... what do you think will happen to you now? Do you believe you can escape? I wish you'd consider all the trouble we're going through... As I recall, you killed my troops in various ways. Did you find it fun?
Right now, I'm having fun. Well, so are you, right? I think you can understand me. Oh, right. I wanted to ask you something. Is it okay if we cut off your hands and legs? They'll grow back, right? I'm talking about your limbs, not the Titan's.
We need you alive, after all...

The Female Titan moves.

Levi: Ah...

The Female Titan lets out a series of yells.

Female Titan: Urahhh!! Urahhh!! Urahh... Urahhh!!

Levi: Well, that was a surprise.

Hange: Ah... Ahh...

Moblit: Were those her dying screams?

Miche lands next to Erwin.

Miche: Erwin, it stinks.