"This one's of me and Danica," I explained, showing one picture, then sliding to the next. "And this one's of me and my date."

"Who was your date?" He asked.

"Some kid named Marcus," I shrugged. "I didn't like him that much. He was kind of a dick, but he asked me and he was kind of my only option, so whatever."

"I doubt that he was your only option," Charlie scoffed with a chuckle.

"No, he actually was," I laughed. "Who'd you go with?"

"A girl named Emily," He laughed.

"No way, you're lying!" I gasped.

"Nope, I'm serious," He refused. "We dated for like three months, then she dumped me."

"Well, that's unfortunate," I stated.

He shrugged. "I guess. It's kind of weird, though. I went to private school, so there were no girls. I actually met her the same exact way that I met you. And her name was Emily Marie."

"Was her name Emilia?" I giggled.

"Not that I know of," He laughed. "But you didn't tell me that your name was Emilia at first either."

"That's because it sounds so formal, I don't like it. It's a pretty name, I just don't think it fits me," I rendered.

"I think it's fine," Charlie said. "Anyways, if I were to go for sophomores, I would definitely go for sophomores like you. Damn, you were hot."

"Oh and I'm not hot now?" I queried.

"What? No? That's not what I meant," He stuttered.

I laughed. "Charlie, relax, I was kidding. But, I didn't usually look like that at all. I looked like shit basically everyday except for that day."

"Yeah, okay," He sarcastically remarked.

"I bet you didn't speak like that to Emily," I smirked.

"I barely spoke to her at all," He chuckled. "She kind of scared me."

"Good thing she dumped you, then."

//

"Mr. Goodman, I'm sorry but that is the only room we have open," The receptionist told Charlie.

"I clearly ordered a different room, though," Charlie countered. "My family has platinum rewards at your company, and has spent an unreal amount of money at your hotels. I think I deserve what I ordered for."

"Charlie, it's fine. I don't mind," I assured softly, placing my hands on his arm.

"It's okay, I can get it," He slid his hand down into my hand.

"I'm serious, please just take the room," I coaxed.

"You sure?"

"I'm positive," I replied.

"Thank you," The receptionist smiled at me, handing us our little pamphlet and two room keys. "Enjoy your stay and have a wonderful couple of days."

"Thank you," I responded. I took the second room key from Charlie and tucked it into my purse.

"I feel bad," Charlie stated.

"Please don't worry about it," I sighed. "Are you not okay with it?"

"I mean, I guess I am, I just don't want to pass your boundaries by accidentally," He replied.

"My boundaries are almost nonexistent, just no sex," I shrugged.

Charlie had originally booked a room with two beds, but the hotel overbooked themselves, so now we only have one bed.