42

Chapter Forty Two – This is War

"Mom, Zander, what's happening," I called out panicked. My bones ache. I think she's shifting her voice, I think it's Zander. Everything seems so murky. Why does everything hurt? I could feel my body contouring as it readjusted. Why am I experiencing my first shift. Your body is accommodating to its new-found power and strengths. Almost like an upgrade of sorts, replied Zira.

"Like metamorphosis," I asked, shocked. "Exactly," exclaimed Zira. I could vaguely hear voices in my surroundings.

"My baby is shifting," someone squealed, most likely mom. "Wait, that can't be right, she has already shifted," replied a confused voice. "Is that normal, for her to have her first time experience again, except it isn't her first time," another one rambled; a female this time.

"Yes actually, has her powers evolves so does her wolf."

"If that is the case, then this is normal. A man asked, sounding in relief. "How long does it take," the same voice asked. "As long as it needs to take."

I zoned out the conversation, focusing on the transformation. I found myself staring, I was on all fours, again. This time, my paw had a streak of icy blue in them.

We spent the rest of the day harnessing my powers. This went on for days, everyone training and staying on guard. Patrolling is now tighter than ever. It's been a while since Zander and I have had any alone time, which is understandable, seeing as our current situation is dire.

...

The attack came without warning, despite our preparation.  Anyone who could fight, fought, while everyone else were escorted to the basement for protection. There were rogues everywhere. thankfully our training wasnt in vein. we seem to be winning. 

I stayed put as planned. Being the defence of the pack. Zander didn't want me to fight in fear he'll lose me again. I didn't want to stand idly by while everyone fought. So we cam to a proportion. I fight from behind the scenes.

I wished I was doing more but I understood where he was coming from. The fight lasted hours maybe days they just keeping coming, over amd over. I notuced that the warriors where wearing from exhaustion. We called back up from our neighbouring allies but we barely seem to be making a dent even with their help.

At this rate this will go on forever and I'm not just blowing it out of proportion either. I came to a conclusion. The only eas to wi  this war is to defeat the one in the centre of it all.

Acting fast, I made my way to the source of the problem, not wanting to let on my plan. Zander won't like this. It's bestbwe getbthis done fast and quickly before he founds out or at the very least do anything about it.

Using a tracking spell combined with my wolf smell, I targeted the source with no trouble at all. There he was leaving all the work to his lackies. Such a coward i thought disgusted.

Doesnt seem to have yet sensed my presence.  I see this is where you been hiding, announcing my presence.

You, he bellowed recognising me. You give me back what's mine, he snapped. I cocked an eyebrow. I don't know what you're talking about, playing coy. That seemed to have pissed him off. Guess he doesn't like a strong woman.

He lunged at me, which in turn I dodge.
A big ball of light came flying towards me, almost knocking me off my feet barely dodging it. That was a close one.

Chanting a spell an ice spare appearing in front of me. I grabbed it lunging at the good for nothing excuse for a hunan.

Ah ah ah. I won't do that if ibwas you. I glared at him, and why it that I snarled. Because I have something perious of yours. I narrowed my eyes at him your bluffing.

Are you willing to bet on it. I could just call one of my men to show you. I don't believe you. Offend, why is beyond me. I called for one kf his lackies. And there scared held between two rogues was lilly. Her eyes held such fright.

Something in me snapped seeing Lilly so scared. I lost it. Gatheri h evert power I could muster I aimed it at him. I watched a ls he caught in fire, screaming I'm pain. He deserve all the suffering ten fold for his sins.

I faced the rogues. You have two options, joined your boss over there, pointing to where their boss lay withering in pain, or you give yourself up. Your choice..

Tails between there legs they submitted. A bunch of cowards. Lilly runs up to me bawling her little eyes out. It's okay, lilly. They can't hurt you any more. I'm here, soothing her frantic crys. 

The surrounding started sponning. Why is everything sponning. Everything was chaos after that as I found myself losing my footing and slowly falling...

Momma, momma, the distant call of lily's scared little voice. My eyes shutting close as I slipped imto darkness.