27

Chapter Twenty Seven – Prophecy

Sirena's POV

I groaned, where am I? My head pounding with e, I seem to have woken up in the woods, if my surroundings were any indication. Why am I here? I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. How did I get here anyway, I thought.

I could hear ruffling in the distance. Getting onto my feet, I quickly search for a hiding space. I could hide behind the trees, they were dense enough to hide without being spotted, or I could hide on a treetop, that way I have a high vantage point. Weight out my options and I went for the latter. I don't know why I was kidnapped or even why I was let go, but whatever the reason is, I'm taking full advantage of this situation.

Grunting, I proceeded to climb the tree, it's harder than it looks. Thankfully, I have my werewolf genes as an advantage. I reached for a closer branch, hosting myself onto the branch, continuing until I was high enough. And just in time to. Three men approached, at my line of sight. I'm quite high up, but thanks to my werewolf hearing I can hear them loud and clear.

Don't you know, what boss man is up too, asked one man? "No idea, man," replied one. I heard that the girl he had kidnapped has some sort of power, added another. I tuned them out, what do they mean? I don't have any powers, at least I don't think I do.

"It doesn't make any sense, she's just a weak human girl, what makes him think she has such powers," mocked one. You don't know, asked another, shocked. Know what, replied the first guy.

According to what I heard, "Alpha Cain thinks she's the girl from the prophecy," replied the second one. What are they on about, what prophecy. "How does it go again," asked the third one. I've completely forgotten he was there. "Hmm," mused the second, "I think it goes..."

A child born of two souls will rise from the earth, marked with the divine power bestowed upon her by the Goddess herself.

As soon as wolves howl together she'll bring forth an age of divinity

There comes a day when rivers run salty a challenge bring bloodshed of blue blood

Once the dark one returns, a promise to awaken the return of magic

The day the moon turns blue, the chosen one will bring an end to hunger

Upon the day the sky falls, a marriage bring to life a time of serenity

When the day comes that the moon turns bright, a breakdown bring a pack's doom

There comes a day when the lost heir returns the banished one awakens a vicious war

When brothers clash, a broken bone cause a reunion of friends

When stars appears upon the sky

A time comes that the true one reveals herself, a victory cause the rise of peace

When the second guy finished, the air shifted, as if on cue. As if sensing the power of the prophecy. I glanced at my arm, feeling the sense of power charging in the air. Goosebumps fresh along my arm, an indication that all this was all too real. My body felt weirdly cold, and a shiver ran down my spine.

"That was ominous, dude," replied the third guy. "Yup," replied the second. "Do you think she's really the one in the prophecy," asked the first. "Honestly, man, I don't know. But the boss man sure thinks so."

"What do you think he wants her," ask the third? "Isn't it obvious," he interjected. They stood there blankly. Obviously not, I thought. "You idiots, he wants her for her powers. He wants to make her his, so he can rule," finished the second, all to please about this.

Sicko, I thought I need these buffoons to leave, I don't think I can stay crouched up here any longer. I can feel my legs slowly numbing. If they don't leave before I completely lose all feelings in my legs, I'm going to lose my footing, whether I like it or not. That would be fatal.

As if the heavens above heard my prayers, the three men started towards the opposite direction. "Come on, man, we should continue patrolling. Boss men won't be too happy if he finds out we were slacking," interjecting the first one. I sigh in relief. "Yeah, you're right, man," they both replied.

I waited patiently, until they were just muffled whispers in the distance. I thought they'll never leave, I thought, jumping clumps of the tree. I shake my leg, getting blood flow into them as tingles danced all over. Dang, I really hate pins and needles, they're so annoying. Once I got feelings back, I made my way out of there, obviously taking the opposite direction from the three guys. I don't want to be caught again. Unfortunately for me, I don't exactly know where I am, don't get me started on the direction of home.

Home, I thought. I don't even know where that is any more. Everything is a blur. Whenever I try to remember anything, my head explodes with intense headaches, as if blocking my memories from being accessed. But why, I don't know. For now, I'll focus on surviving, and if I do, I swear I'll get the answers no matter what. All I know is that I'm supposedly the chosen one, whatever that means.

* * *

It's been three days since I've escaped. Three days since I've eaten a proper meal or had a shower. Three freaking days that I've been alone. I can feel myself slowly dying inside. I don't know who I am, what I'm doing here, or if I'll ever make it alive.

What I do know is I can't give up, I just can't. There's this feeling deep within me, pushing me to keep going. Even when all I want to do is give up, it's always there, pushing me to continue. So I do. I'll keep pushing, enduring until I no longer can.