32

Chapter Thirty Two - A Piece to the Puzzle

Sirena's POV

Despite remembering everything, I get this overwhelming sense of detachment. To add to my over chaotic life, I keep getting memories, visions that aren't mine. I'm not ‌sure what to think of it. Every so often there are good memories, while other times they're quite unpleasant. Whenever I wake up from these... visions, I'm upright, alert, and unaware of my surroundings, and sometimes drenched in sweat. Yeah, I know, intense.

Anyway, this will happen time after time, intense visions so vivid and real I'll wake up so disoriented and unaware of my surroundings. You're probably thinking, Sirena, why don't you just tell Zander about the visions. Which, you'll be right. The problem is, even though I remember everything, I can't help feeling detached from everything, like I'm living someone else's life. A case of imposter syndrome. Because of this, I felt like a burden. It all changed.

Flashback

It started one calm night, at this point it's been a week since I've regained my memory. I got a vision, normal right, wrong. Up to today, I've been having visions of memories that weren't mine, and they'll occur when I'm asleep. Today, today was different. Let's start with the fact that I was bored out of my mind. There wasn't much I could do as I was still recovering.

I had filled Zander in on everything, the Prophecy, how I got out etcetera, etcetera. I'll get frequent visits from Zander, Devon, Cassie and Mia, to keep me company, but it's not like they can stay with me forever.

They have their life to live. Although, it took a lot of convincing and reassuring before Zander could reluctantly leave to attend to the pack and what not. Now, in hindsight, I'm kinda regretting it. Not wanting to be a burden, I requested some books, but I do miss reading, delving into the world of fantasy and escaping the real world.

Goddess, I'm waffling, so basically, I was reading - yup reading, not asleep this time - when an overwhelming feeling washed over me, following an intense vision. This one was different, apart from the obvious, I was receiving visions of the future. How do you know, you ask. Let's just say it's women's tuition, let's leave it at that. What's in the vision, you may be thinking. Well, it was strange, everything was grainy. The visions shifted through my mind's eyes, almost like a slideshow; so fast I could barely make heads or tails of it all. It all happened so fast. Images after images flashed through.

It started with an abandoned land; nothing but ruins. A woman with glowing eyes, crystal bunny in hand. A wolf, so white & pure, it was blinding. Then Zander had a handsome face, followed by others; people I didn't recognize. The vision then frizzled to an end, not before lingering on a woman who looked eerily similar to me.

I came out of the vision with a jolt, my nerves all tingly and my breathing shallow.

End of Flashback

I wasn't sure how to feel or what to feel after that. It didn't help that I hadn't a clue what any of it meant. And it was then clear to me that I could do this alone. If I want answers, I'll need help.

The Next Day

I was an absolute wreck after last night. Going through the pros and cons, I came to the conclusion and decided to tell Zander about my visions, hopefully he'll know what to do or at the very least, know where to start.

"There's something I never told you," I nervously asked. We were currently in Zander's office, having breakfast. I didn't feel comfortable eating in front of everyone and Zander, noticing this, brought our food to his office. I was so nervous, though, I barely touched my food. Zander sat in front of his desk, surrounded by paperwork. While I was situated on the sofa opposite the desk.

I wasn't sure how to tell him exactly, I thought to ease into it, mostly for my sake. "What is love," replied Zander, curious but worried. Placing his current paperwork down, he faced me. Not making eye contact I started talking, "before we met, on the morning of the day you visited the boarding school,

I had a dream. It was strange. At the time I thought that's all it was, a dream, but now I'm not so sure. A look of confusion was on his face. "What do you mean love," he asked. I took a deep breath, "I've been having visions," I blurted out.

"Oh," replied Zander. I took it the wrong way. "You think I'm crazy, don't you. You don't believe me, do you," I went on, rambling, not wanting to hear what he had to say. "Rose, hey, hey," Zander reached for my hand, gently caressing it, calming me down instantly.

"Look at me, baby," came Zander's voice. When I didn't immediately respond to his request, he placed a finger gently on my chin, gently lifting it up, as he pressed on. "Please, look at me," he continued. It was silent, while he patiently waited for my response. Not wanting to be any ruder than I've already been, I slowly list my eyes from the floor to Zander's piercing eyes.

""Thank you," said Zander. I nodded my head. As for what you said, I do believe you. I don't think you're crazy, he replied. "If you had given me the chance to reply, you would have known this, he added, looking me in the eye." I could feel my cheeks burning in embarrassment.

"You don't think I'm crazy," I asked, peeking from behind my lashes. "I don't, do you believe me, he asked." I nodded, feeling better. "What was in the vision," he asked, redirecting the conversation. "The images weren't very clear," I replied, unsure. "That's okay, just tell me what you think you saw and remember," he asked.

It started with an abandoned land; nothing but ruins," I replied, reliving the visions. There was a woman with glowing eyes, crystal ball in her hand... I trailed off, glancing at Zander. He returned it with a reassuring smile, giving me the confidence to continue. There...there was a wolf, so white, beautiful & pure, it was blinding." I glanced at Zander again, embarrassed to continue.

"Then I saw you," stumbling over my words. Zander's brow furrowed. "I was there," he replied. Not the response I was expecting. "Um, yes, you were," I added. "Was there anything else," he asked. "Um, there were other faces, but I didn't recognize them," I added, shrugging.

"Oh and there was a woman that looked like me, I'm not sure what it means," I finished. Zander was deep in thoughts. I could see the wheels turning in his mind. I wonder what he's thinking about. I left him to it, returning to my now cold breakfast. Despite it being cold, it tasted wonderful.

I was brought from my daydream by Zander's voice. That's it, Zander whispered to himself, he seemed to have figured something out. "What is it," I asked. I think I've figured it out, well some of it, anyway," replied Zander. "Yeah," I pushed, eager to find out the answer to a piece of a puzzle. "I think the place you saw, the ruined land. I think I could be wrong, but it could be your father's old pack. When your father died-" Zander looked towards me when he mentioned my father.

I gave him a reassured smile, encouraging him to continue. "When the Red Moon Pack lost their Alpha, the place lunged into chaos. The Elders had to intervene and solve the problem. Since your father was an only child and his parents had passed prior to the event, the Elders thought it best to disband the pack. Each pack member moved and joined surrounding Packs to easily keep the peace. Since then, the pack has been deserted," he finished.

"You think it could be the answer," I asked. "There's a big chance it is. We'll never know until we see it for ourselves," he added. "What do you think," he asked. Let's go, I replied eagerly. Finally, a step closer to finding out who I am.

Another piece to the puzzle.