17

Chapter Seventeen

Sirena's POV

After the mini conversation with Zander, I headed down to the kitchen. My stomach started rumbling, thankfully no one was there to hear it, and then again, the place is filled with werewolves with enhanced hearing. I can never be too sure.

"Hey," someone called out. It sounded like it was coming from behind me. I faced towards the source. I was met by a petite red-hair she-wolf. Sprinting towards me like a spitfire. I stared. The girl's came to a splitting halt almost colliding with me.

"Your Sirena, right. our Luna." the girl asked. "Um...yes," I replied unsurely. "I'm Scarlett, Caleb's mate." I stayed silent, not wanting to be rude. I didn't know who Caleb was, I haven't met much of the pack in person. "You don't know Caleb. do you," she asked? "Nope, sorry," I apologized. "It's okay, you're new here, it's expected."

"Hi," that was my only reply. I sounded like an idiot. Scarlett giggled at my reply, "Hi, to you too. So, what are you up to," she asked. "I was heading towards the kitchen," I replied. "Cool, I'll join you."

I don't understand why this Scarlett girl was talking to me, but she seemed friendly enough. I decided to give her a chance, besides,

I can't make friends or be Luna if I'm close to the world. Scarlett and I walked, she mostly did most of the talking, while I just silently listened. Occasionally responding here and there, not to come off rude or anything.

"So, Sirena, have you made any friends yet," came Scarlett's voice, bringing me back from my thoughts." Um, just Cassie and Devon so far," I said. "Well, that makes sense seeing as they're the Beta and Beta female, second in command, it's only natural, you would have met, '' replied Scarlett. "You met Devon when he and Zander visited the boarding school," Scarlett mused.

"Yes, I did," I replied. "That must have been quite overwhelming for you." Overwhelming, that was an understatement, but I didn't let on. "I guess, I replied, nonchalantly. "And finding out that Zander is not only your mate, but a werewolf, must have been a shock, '' Scarlett rambled on. "It was," I replied.

Scarlett suddenly screeched to a halt, taking me by surprise as I collided with her.

"Umph."

I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to suddenly stop like that. I was kind of lost in my thoughts, Scarlett stressed. "It's alright, I replied, straightening myself. "Are you sure," she asked, worried etched on her face. I smiled, reassuring her.

"So, where's the kitchen, I'm hungry," I asked, changing the subject. "Oh, right, not too far from here really," Scarlett said.

We started walking again until we reached an entrance leading to the kitchen. "So what would you like," Scarlett asked. "You don't have to make anything, I don't mind doing it, really," I said. "No, it's okay. You're the Luna, you're practically royalty, well sort of," said Scarlett. "Can I at least help," I asked? "Um..."

"Please," I pushed. "Okay, okay, you can," she replied. I smiled as I made my way to her side. So what do you fancy, Scarlett asked again. I shrugged, "I'm not sure that I never had anything other than stale bread," I said.

Scarlett's eyes widened, "that's absolutely awful," Scarlett replied. "Well, you don't have to worry, you're not there any more," she said. "Let's see, we have eggs, bacon and bread, perfect. That settles it then, we'll be having English breakfast." I smiled, "that sounds nice. What can I do to help," I asked. "You can crack the egg," said Scarlett. I reached for the egg, got a bowl, gently hitting the egg on the rim of the bowl with enough pressure for it to break. I watched as the insides dropped into the bowl. A weird feeling overcame me.

I felt like I wasn't there, but I could still see the egg yolk surrounded by the slimy outside. Images started playing in my head, too quick for me to make sense of it. There was good everywhere, surrounded by dead bodies. The image was horrifying. There was a blood-curdling scream. Who was screaming, the sound sending chills down my back. I could feel myself falling and just before silent. Everything was black.