24

Chapter Twenty Four

Zander's POV

I ran until I could no longer run, but I still had so much anger that I couldn't shake off, clinging to me like a parasite. I could feel my bones snapping as my body shifted to its human form.

The dull ache was nothing compared to the ache I felt when I first shifted, my body now accustomed to the shift.

I reached out for the bag stashed behind the tree and pulled out a pair of shorts. I wouldn't want to freak anyone out if they just so happened to see me stark naked in the woods, not that I care, honestly.

It would make it adequately uncomfortable or weird for any passer-by, humans, or whatnot. As werewolves, we are used to nudity, we share this world with humans and other supernatural beings.

Grounding myself, I took any pent-up anger and released it, aiming at the tree using it as my punching bag, taking it out on the poor tree. Images of Sirena's beautiful smile danced before me, fuelling my anger more.

Punch after punch, I can feel the anger slowly easing from my body and mind, until what is left is a small ball of fiery blaze. Just enough to fuel my drive to find Sirena. I'll find you, my love, I whispered, my heart heavy with grief.

* * *

"Thank you for coming all this way. I'm sure you're all well aware of the situation regarding the rogues, right," I informed them.

The meeting was accompanied by trusted allies of neighbouring packs: Alpha Mason from the Blood Moon Pack, Alpha Carl from the Crystal Sea Pack, and Mateo from the Rainfall Forest Pack. I trust them with life. It also helps that we've known each other since childhood. We're practically family. The Alphas before me are ones I can trust, hence the alliance.

"As we all know, attacks have become more frequent and potent lately," I started off. "We are, and if I'm not mistaken, we've been able to keep them at bay," replied Alpha Mason. The other Alphas noodled their agreement.

"I'm aware of this," I replied. "In that case, if I'm not mistaken, we are here for matters other than the rogues?" replied Alpha Mateo. He's always been able to do that. After all, we go way back.

"You read my mind, Alpha Mateo," I laughed. "So, Alpha Zander, what are we here for?" replied Mason, leaning closer. Now it's business. "What I'm about to tell you is delicate information, and you mustn't tell anyone about what I'm about to tell you." The atmosphere shifted as the conversation became more serious. "What is it Zander, you seem quite tense," replied Carl.

"He's always tense," teases Mason, "he's been that way ever since he became Alpha." Mateo played along, "That is true, but he does seem tense today."

"I'm right here, you know," redirecting their attention. Trouble in paradise, Mateo smirked. My eyes widened in surprise. How did he know? I haven't told anyone yet. I need to be cautious, it's best.

"I'm right, aren't I?" Mateo continued teasing. I scowled at his behaviour, clearing my throat, ignoring his question. "Come on, you're going to leave us high and dry, like that. That's not very nice of you," Mason replied. I sigh, knowing they won't let it go. It does involve Sirena.

"You guys are so annoying," I grunted out, irritated. Technically speaking, you are right. What really, I was just teasing when I said that, replied Mateo. Even so, you were technically right, I replied. "Technically," replied Mason, "how so?"

"You see, I assembled you here today because my mate is in danger, an-" I was interrupted mid-sentence. "Wait, what," Mason replied, he and the others had surprised looks etched all over their faces, it's kinda amusing.

"Did I hear you correctly, you've found your mate," Mateo replied, baffled. "That's what I said isn't it or is your hearing failing you so soon old man," I teased.

"Tsst, whatever, man," replied a disgruntled Mason. "You're telling me that you found your mate and didn't think to inform us, '' replied Carl, irritating evidence on his face. "Why just casually drop that in there, like it's no big deal."

"I, for one, didn't think you'd make such a big deal of it," I replied. We're seriously getting off topic. "Of course it's a big deal, you idiot," replied Carl.

"Anyway," I started, trying to get back on topic. I suspect they want to get to me somehow or it could be... I trailed off, not wanting to give too much away just yet. " What aren't you saying?" asked Mason, noticing my hesitation.

"It's not important," I replied. "Come on, Zander, we can't help you if you don't tell us all we need to know," replied Carl. I hesitated. "Come on, man, we wouldn't do anything to betray your trust. You can trust us, you know that.

Don't let your worries for your mate cloud your judgment," Mason interjected. I narrowed my eyes at this, knowing very well he's right. "Fine, I interjected. But this stays between us, understand. "Yes, you have our word," they replied in union.

"Okay then. I can't tell you much as I don't know much about it just yet, but based on what we've received thus far, it is implied that Sirena is the daughter of Kayden Silvermoon . The room was silent, you could hear a pin drop. I waited patiently for their response. As expected, they freak out. " What, How. That can't be possible." they all but shouted, talking over each other, shocked by the news. "You're kidding, right," asked Mateo. "Nope," I replied, it's all real. "She just recently joined the pack, and has been through a lot. Due to her situation and comfortability, I chose not to broadcast it. Only mother, Devon, and my sister know." And I would have liked to keep it that way.

"Wow, who would have thought that the daughter of Kayden Silvermoon is alive," mulled Mason. "And to be mated to you of all people," joked Carl. Mason and Mateo burst into laughter upon hearing this. It wasn't even that funny. "Ha, ha," I mocked. Anyway I think she's being targeted, most likely by rogues.

"It would 6explain the surprise in rogue attacks as of late," added Mason. "You think," questioned Mason. "Its possible," added Carl. "What worries me is how the managed to get in and out undetected," I added. "Impossible," replied M6ason. Someone managed to break int6o your pack and somehow managed to escape undetected."

"I'm as shocked as you are. Which leaves me to think, someone in this pack or someone who's familiar with this pack may be behind this," I said. "This is crazy," replied Mateo. "You do have any idea who might be behind this," asked Carl. "Unfortunately, no. No one knows of Sirena's kidnapping, excluding Devon, you guys are the first to know."

"Probably best," for now, Mason added. I nodded in agreement. "So what now," asked Carl. "For now this stays between us. I said. And yo6ur mate," replied Mason."A search party would be conducted, by trusted warriors, selected by us only. we'll then work from there."

The meeting went on like this for a couple of hours, discussing tactics and what not.

After the meeting, the Alpha's retired to their rooms, situated on the Alpha floor. I did whatever paperwork that was left before also retiring. I could do with a shower, to ease the tension in my muscles. That was tiring, what a long day, I thought sighing as I eased into the bed, missing the smell and touch of my mate.