11

Chapter Eleven

Sirena's POV

"I know who your parents were." The words echo in my mind. "W...what," I stuttered, at a loss for words. "I spoke with my uncle today. Devon, my Beta, I believe you've met. I nodded to his rhetorical question. I thought your last name sounded familiar, but couldn't place it.

He then ran it through with me. I also thought your last name sounded familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it, so we went to my father. He was previously the Alpha before I was. We thought maybe he'd know. Anyway, we found out after some digging a week or so later we found out, just today, actually."

"Wait," I interrupted, needing a minute. This is a lot to take in. I thought and did he just say 'was my parent.' An ache for a parent I never knew coursed through my heart.

Zander made his way to me, engulfing me into a comforting hug. "I wonder what happened to them, what they were like, I mulled over. Deciding to voice my thoughts out, "What happened to them," I asked.

"Are you sure you want to know?" Zander asked, concerned. "Yes, positive. I need to know," I replied. "Okay, then, if you're sure." I nodded in my response. "Well, your father was the Alpha of Scarlet Moon Clan, a pack we are in alliance with. Your father was found dead in the woods 18 years ago, on this very day. Nobody knows what happened to him, how he died or who killed him, nothing.

He was found outside the border of Scarlet Moon Clan next to a woman, we believe she was pregnant. No one knows where the baby was or who the woman, who we assume is your mother was either. She wasn't part of your father's pack nor was she a werewolf. We believe she's of a different supernatural race, but we're not completely sure. Her body along with your father mysteriously disappeared."

As I took in all, the information dawned on me. Mrs. Stonewell had said that my parents had died in a car crash. Was she lying, I thought, but why. What reason does she have? "Um... Zander."

"Yes, love," Zander replied. "It's just... I fiddled with my fingers... it's just that...um...it can't be true what you said...it can't," I was distressed, convinced that the information Zander said must be untrue.

"I assure you that the information is accurate," Zander replied. "Why, what's on your mind?"

"It's just that according to Mrs. Stonewell my parents were found dead after a tragic car crash," I said. Well that's false, she must have lied. I furrowed my brows. "Why, what does she have to gain from all of this? It doesn't make any sense," I replied. This is all too confusing.

"Maybe she has something to hide, she probably knows something," replied Zander. The room was silent, both left to our thoughts. I have even more than ever. I need to know who I am and what happened to my family, I thought.

Suddenly, my stomach let out an almighty rumble. I didn't have much for breakfast nor did I feel like eating much for lunch, and it's currently 6pm, and I haven't had dinner yet.

"Someone's hungry," said Zander, amused. I just blushed. I'll go retrieve dinner for you, what would you like love, Zander asked. "I don't think I can eat, I don't have much of an appetite," I replied. "Your stomach says otherwise, Zander pointedly replied. " Come on, you have to have something you're partially skin and bones," said Zander. I wasn't sure, I wasn't used to eating 3 meals a day.

Please for me, Zander tried again to convince me. He waited for my response. "Okay, fine but only a little," I replied, hoping I wouldn't regret it.

Zander smiled, capturing my heart as it fluttered like the winds of a butterfly.

***

Some delicious food later...

"Yum, that tasted so good," I said. I don't think I can take another bite. I was even surprised I could eat so much, I flopped on the bed, in a daze of sorts.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it," love.

"What was my father like?" I asked curiously. I wanted to know, to have some sort of connection with the father I never had. "Well, he was one of the bravest people I've ever met. I've only seen him once, around my first shift."

"I remember being nervous and stumbling over my words," Zander chuckled. The thought of Zander nervously brought a smile to my face. "Anyway, your father is a legend. I remember when the pack was attacked, and he single-handedly took down and defeated every single rogue. I'm sure he would have made a great father," Zander said, whispering the last part.

"I would have loved to meet him, even if it was just once, I said. A yawn escaped my mouth. I'm sure he feels the same, he replied. "But for now you need to sleep, we'll talk more tomorrow."

I nodded, getting comfortable. As I laid my head on the pillow, my eyes became heavy. "Thank you, Zander," drawled, my voice sluggish. "What for love," he asked. "For... finding out who my parents are," I replied. "It's my pleasure, love. I'll do anything for you," he replied, making his way to me. "Night love," Zander said, placing a kiss on my head, as I finally drifted to sleep.