Mama just killed a man

"I am so sorry about them. They-"

"It's okay. I understand," I say, rubbing Azrael's arm as to try and comfort him.

He smiles and pulls me into hug. I let myself slump into his chest, breathing in his warm scent.

"I missed you," He says as I snuggle in even more.

That makes me smile and I look up at him, my chin on his chest.

"Me too. But I should probably get back to the meeting."

He sighs, visibly annoyed. Not with me, I hope.

Just with the fact that we can't just keep hugging for the rest of our lives.

"Yeah. You're right. As usual."

We walk back to the conference room in silence but his hand brushes against mine and I try not to flinch. Jake's old habit.

He opens the door for me and I find Lucas there but not the royals.

"They went out for a sec. Ocean's playing with Azrael's sister."

"You have a sister?" I ask Azrael. I haven't heard about that.

Well, I am really not the person people talk to about their lives or feelings or... anything, really. 

Makes sense.

"Yeah...yeah.. she's four. She hates my guts."

It's impossible to hate someone like him. 

I sit down on a chair and jot down my to-do list for this meeting.

1. Apologise
2. Talk about their kids
3. Invite for brunch
4. Talk about Etrug
5. Invite to join army

"Seems like a pretty solid plan," Lucas says, eating potato chips from a bowl on the middle of the table.

I slap his hand away.

"Ow!"

He tugs my hair, making it only fair to kick his face.

Azrael sits in the chair exactly in front of me as we wait for his parents.

A scream.

"Ana," He breathes out, we lock eyes for a fraction of a second before all three of us are running through the hallways, Azrael leading.

Another scream. But this time the voice sounds a lot like Ocean.

Lucas's sprint speeds up.

We come to a halt when we see Azrael's father on the floor, blood trickling down the side of his head.

Three armed guys rush towards us but I don't have time for that.

"I'll handle this, you go," Lucas says as me and Azrael sidestep the guys, leaving to Lucas to deal with this alone.

Azrael's knees visibly buckle but he keeps running. We find his mom on the floor a bit farther.

In front of what seems like Ana, i.e Azrael's sister's room stand two armed, buff men.

The straighten when they see me.

My eyes glide over a blue piece of cloth in one's hand.

Ocean's dress.

"Where is she?" I ask through gritted teeth.

"Who?"

"You know exactly who."

Azrael doesn't have time for that. He's already inside his sister's room and in around a second, I hear sobbing.

My heart breaks in a million pieces when I realize what the case might be. 

"Your father sent us. He told me to tell you that he knows about every little game you play. And-"

I have heard enough. Growling with fury, I raise my fist, but he's faster. He sidesteps the move, grabbing my wrist, and stepping behind me.

I feel his foot sink into the back of my knee. I fall on my side on the floor and try to roll away before he could attack again.

Before I could possibly have enough time to stand up again, the other guy slams the back of his gun into my back with full force.

I wince but don't make a sound, I just ram my elbow back as hard as I can right on his knees.

I stand up, panting. The guy who's gun met with my back is now on the floor, holding his knees to his chest.

My back burns in pain but I am on full alert.

The other guy's hands grab my hair and another man decides to join in the fun, grabbing my arms from the front.

I kick his groin until he's forced to let go of my hair and fall on the floor. I use my heels to kick his head as hard a humanely possible but he does have enough time to slam my face against the wall.

My nose makes a cracking sound and pain makes me see white dotes.

I touch the blood oozing out of my nose and tilt my head backwards.

The other guy presses me against the wall hard enough that I can't move.

His knees dig into the back of my legs, attaching me to the wall.

I feel his ragged breath on my neck as struggling to get out of his grasp.

I hear an incredibly hard thump and feel the guy falling. Turning around, I see a red eyed Ocean holding a blood covered baseball bat.

I bend down and press my fingers to the guy's nostrils to check if he's alive.

"Dead."

"Holy shit. I just killed a man. Shit. Shit," Ocean mutters, leaning against the wall.

The guy who's knees I almost broke gets up. He tries to grab Ocean but Lucas steps in front of her, his fist meeting with his nose.

I ram my elbow into his stomach and then kick his stomach. His breathing slows and he goes slump against the floor. 

Ocean pants and sniffles behind me and I hear grunts and sounds of fighting inside Ana's room. Before I can step inside, a man drops dead on the floor and Azrael steps out.

"I can't find my sister." he says, clearly in a daze.

I don't know when my white blazer turned brown.

"Azrael...I am so sorry. And I know that doesn't fix anything but I-"

He looks at me, no warmth in his eyes. His eyes look a lot like mine.

"Kill him," He says, a sob rising from his throat.