Epilogue-She's Got A Way

A/N: As much as I love this story, it's time for it to come to an end. Thank you all for sticking with me and for all of the likes/comments. I'm sure this won't be my last story, but it is for now.

Jake's POV
"Yeah, let me talk to the guys, but I'm sure it'll be no problem!" I said happily into the phone as I laid in bed. The lack of space on the tour bus meant I had to find room where ever I could to take business calls, especially when Josh, Sam and Danny were drinking and rough housing in the living area.

"Who was that?" Josh asked as he walked into the small room. I was so startled that I jumped and smacked my head on the ceiling.

"Fuck!" I mumbled as I rubbed my forehead and laid back down. The bus will always be better than the van...but not by much. "Who was what?" I asked in an annoyed tone.

"That," he gestured to the phone now laying beside me on top of the blanket as he stifled a giggle. I forced a smile knowing I had been caught.

"The label found some venues nearby and said we could add a few dates to close out the tour..." I lied, partially. It was true, technically, but the label was only looking because I had practically begged for more time on the road. I expected Josh to be mad since we had already had this argument a few times, but all he did was plop down on the bunk underneath me with a sigh. "It's just a couple more shows.." I added, hoping he'd just go with it.

"Jakey, it's time to go home," Josh said softly but sternly from the bottom bunk. I rolled my eyes, but I knew he was right. Home just seemed like a foreign concept for me right now. Everything from going to class, my off campus apartment, and even the little diners and restaurants in town would remind me of Quinn. Everything would remind me of her, and I'm not sure how to handle it knowing she chose Sam...

"I'm not ready.." I said weakly from the top bunk. It wasn't a lie. My heart didn't ache anymore at the thought of her or us, but seeing her and Sam so happy together was not high on my to do list. Sammy boy had spent every available opportunity to FaceTime her or text her nonstop, and all I could do was walk away or find a drink. Danny and Josh caught on pretty quick when they noticed I was absolutely sloshed on our off days. My only option was to avoid my little brother as much as I could, and that made me feel like an asshole. To make matters worse, I had also been doing my best to extend the tour indefinitely by adding more and more dates.

The bed beneath mine moved, and soon Josh was climbing up into my bunk too. I scooted over and left him enough room to lie beside me. "It's okay, you know. You don't have to be so stoic and strong. Fuck, for all I care, you never have to see her again, but we need to go home," Josh said calmly and he settled beside me. I sighed in response as I turned to see him smirking at me. I hate when he's right, especially when he knows he's right. Arrogant asshole. I scoffed a laugh and shook my head before falling into the comfortable silence that only existed between twins. I didn't need to say anything because he knew. He always knew.

The label wasn't thrilled with my change of heart, but they understood and made sure we made it home. Sam and Danny disappeared plotting some surprise for Quinn, and Josh began frantically calling our school trying to make sure we're enrolled for next semester. I used this free time to sneak out onto the back porch with a joint that I didn't have to share. I sparked the joint and pulled my phone out of my pocket and scrolled through until I found her name, tapping call before I could chicken out.

"Hello?" Quinn answered nervously, and my heart fluttered. She sounded sleepy, and I kicked myself once I realized it was still pretty early for a Saturday morning.

"Hey," I replied, suddenly more nervous than I had been before. "I'm sure Sam has told you, but we're back," I added as I raked my fingers through my hair.