Chapter 6-Please

After stepping out of the shower, I wrapped myself in a towel and wiped the condensation off the mirror. I washed my face, brushed my teeth, and brushed my hair. I decided to let it air dry after pulling my bangs back in a braid and small ponytail.

Walking out of the bathroom towards my bedroom in just the towel, I wasn't worried about running into Sam because he had successfully avoided me all week so far. I slipped on a matching red lace bra and panty set, some black fishnet tights, and an oversized Led Zeppelin t-shirt that fit me like a dress. I finished off the look with winged eyeliner, mascara, and black docs. I always felt hot in fishnets and I was really hoping Jake agreed.

All week long, I had begged to know where we were going on our date, but he refused to tell me. The only information he'd give me is that he was picking me up at 6. It was now 6:01pm, and he still wasn't here. I giggled at his perpetual lateness, and tried to be patient.

A gentle rapping against the door was almost inaudible over my own thoughts. I opened it to see Jake standing there with a giant bouquet of roses and sunflowers. "Oh my god, Jake! You did not have to do that..." I exclaimed as I took the flowers and brought them to my face to smell them.

When I looked up again, he was blushing. "I know, but I wanted to," he replied softly with a smile as he raked his fingers through his long golden brown hair. He was wearing a pair of dark wash blue jeans, brown boots, and a light wash blue denim shirt with short sleeves and the top 3 buttons left undone. There were 2 necklaces hanging from his neck, and his hair was still a little damp. It reminded me of the day we got caught in the rain..

"You look amazing," he whispered as I hugged him. I could feel his heart pounding, so I assumed he could feel mine.

"Thank you," I blushed as I spoke. "Do I get to find out where we're going, yet?" I asked mischievously.

"Soon," he smirked as we headed out the door. He opened the passenger side door for me and I giggled.

When he started the car, the music resumed where he had left off. I smiled when I recognized Mac DeMarco pouring through the speakers, remembering that I had mentioned him to Jake once in passing. He hummed along, and I placed my hand on his knee, watching as he blushed a bright shade of red.

The playlist shuffled through songs or artists I've mentioned along with some of his favorites, and my heart fluttered at the thought of him making us a playlist. "Sorry, I don't know if this is weird or not, but I always feel like you can learn a lot from people's taste in music...and I like yours," he admitted shyly.

"It's not weird," I assured him. "I think it's really cute, actually." His cheeks were still pink when I glanced over at him again. "What got you so into music?" I asked while leaning onto the center console, resting my hand on his thigh as I waited for his answer.

"My whole family is into music," he said with a smile. "My mom likes to sing, and my dad can play pretty much any instrument—he's even in a band back home." He giggled when he spoke, but I could tell he was very proud of them. "They always kept a lot of vinyls and instruments around the house, and I've been enamored with electric guitars since I was three," he admitted as he tucked his hair behind his ear and smiled at me. "Then my brothers and I—well Danny isn't a blood brother, but still..we just kind of organically came together.."

"You've played for that long?? I've gotta see you play sometime.." I said thoughtfully. The corner of his mouth twitched before curling up into a slight smile.