Chapter 13-Special

Over the next few days, we would go to class and come right back to the house, only stopping at our apartments to get a change of clothes when needed. It was like a vacation away together almost in its blissful simplicity. We would cook together, listen to old vinyls, and swim in the pool whenever we wanted. Even after just a few days, Jake's tan had deepened making him look even more handsome and desirable.

"I wish we could stay here forever," I mused as Jake and I laid in bed together letting the morning light wash over us as it filtered through the blinds. I could hear his heartbeat quicken as I traced letters and shapes across his chest while my head rested there. He giggled as he caught my hand once I trailed too close to his ribs and tickling him.

"I could stay anywhere with you," he replied in his sleepy morning voice, glancing down at me with his deep brown eyes. I blushed as he lifted my chin to kiss me, my own lips curling into a smile. "They're supposed to be back tonight though...so we probably shouldn't stay here," he giggled before he rolled out of bed. I watched and grinned wide as he slipped on his boxers, white t-shirt, and loose fitting gray pants from the night before. "Come on, love..let's go get some coffee," he said gently as he reached out to lift me up. I pulled on a pair of black legging, black high top vans, a red Greta Van Fleet band shirt that I stole from Jake, and a light wash denim button up since it was getting chilly in the mornings now. He finger combed his hair before grabbing a blue blazer as we headed out the door.

After getting "our usual" from the coffee shop we liked, we decided to walk around downtown. We wandered through a few thrift stores finding random "treasures" according to Jake. I giggled at his excitement when he found an old chain necklace with a beat up looking coin as the charm. My phone buzzed in my pocket, and I held my breath as I pulled it out to see who it was.

Dad-hey pumpkin! I hope we're still on for this weekend?

Shit. I completely forgot that my dad was planning to visit this weekend. I smiled as I watched Jake holding up a stack of old vinyls that he found as he beamed back at me. My dad was going to love him.

-of course! I'll meet you at my apartment around 6, and we can go to dinner.

Dad-sounds perfect! I'm thinking that steakhouse I like?

-sure!

"Who was that?" Jake asked nervously as he met me by the door. Poor thing probably thought it was Sam.

"It was my dad..I kinda forgot he's coming into town this weekend.." I said shyly as I tucked my hair behind my ear. Jake's smile widened and I couldn't help but laugh. "Why are you smiling like that?" I managed between laughs as we walked down the sidewalk together.

"You're going to ask me to meet your dad," he said proudly which made me laugh even harder. He draped his arm over my shoulder before kissing my cheek. "You may want to try to hide those, though," he added nervously when he noticed the marks of varying shades of red and purple across my collarbone and peeking out of the neck of the t-shirt. The past few days had been amazing, but not without a few consequences.

"Fuck..I forgot about those.." I laughed weakly before tugging at the neckline of Jake's shirt and exposing a purple mark on his chest. "I was at least nice enough to make yours easy to hide," I teased as I walked backwards in front of him. He took a few quick steps and scooped me into his arms as I hooked my legs around his waist. I leaned down and kissed him deeply before resting my forehead against his.

"I really like you, Quinn.." he whispered softly as he lowered me back to the ground. His cheeks burned a bright shade of pink when I smiled up at him. My heart fluttered at his words, but I couldn't immediately make words form. "You don't have to say anything back, I just wanted you to know.." he added quietly, almost sad.