Chapter 26-First

Once the show was over, I made my way back to their dressing room to find them all half dressed and celebrating. Josh was lining up shots on the coffee table while Danny and a shirtless Sam sat down on the couch to wait. "That was awesome!" I said excitedly as I walked in. Jake met me in the doorway, wrapping me in his arms as he spun. "Jake," I giggled, "I told you that you'd kill it.." He beamed down at me as he placed my feet back on the ground. I turned to see Sammy whispering to Danny before grabbing his shot and tossing it back.

"Can I ask you something?" Jake asked, pulling my attention back to him. He smirked down at me as he tilted my chin up waiting for my answer.

"Hey, Quinnie, come take your shot!" Sam called out as he held up a shot glass so full of vodka that it was sloshing over the rim. I looked back to Jake whose smile dropped slightly as he nodded and followed me over to the couch. I took a seat beside Sam, and started to take the small glass from his hand as Jake sat on the armrest beside me, taking a shot glass from his twin.

"You were amazing, Sammy," I leaned in and whispered into his ear causing him to blush as he choked back another shot before laughing.

"I'm honestly surprised I played anything right...I couldn't stop thinking about you," he purred into my ear as he placed his hand on my thigh, letting his pinky slink under the hem of my dress. I giggled as I caught his hand leaned my shoulder in to his playfully. I felt Jake's fingers dance along my spine, gently reminding me of his presence.

"Mhmm...what were you thinking?" I asked in an attempt to tease him. He laughed and shook his head as if I didn't really want to know, then just holding his gaze on me before smiling.

"Come home with me for Christmas," he finally said as he squeezed my thigh. "Please, Quinnie..." he pleaded in a whiney tone, sticking out his lower lip and giving me sad puppy eyes.

"For fuck's sake.." Jake grumbled under his breath, but I don't think Sam heard him. Jake stood up abruptly, heading for the counter across the room that held all their alcohol and supplies.

"Are you sure?" I asked nervously, knowing how awkward it could be for him and Jake.

"Yes, there's no way I'm spending Christmas without you if I can help it," he replied with a laugh that warmed my heart. Danny stood up, placing a hand on Sam's shoulder before walking over to Jake who was now drinking directly from the whiskey bottle.

"Okay then yes, I'd love that.." I replied before leaning in to kiss him gently. He tasted of vodka and faintly of cigarettes, but I loved it, letting my tongue graze across his lower lip just to tease him a little. He groaned when I pulled away, and I giggled to myself before Josh came over with a deck of cards and a bottle of vodka.

As the night carried on, the four of us played poker together, laughing and enjoying the time. Jake spent most of the evening pouting and drinking before finally coming over and wedging himself between me and Sammy. "I love you so much, Quinndolyn," he said louder than necessary for the small room. The boys giggled as they watched their brother drunkenly lay his head on my shoulder before glaring at Sam.

"You've had a good bit, haven't you, Jakey?" Josh teased as he snorted a laugh. I giggled along with him as I looked down at Jake's sleepy expression.

"I love you, too," I replied before kissing the top of his head and smoothing his hair. He grinned as his cheeks flushed a darker shade of pink.

"You should probably fold this hand.." he whispered to Sammy loud enough for us all to hear as he pointed to the cards Sam was holding.

"Fuck you, Jake," Sammy replied with a laugh. Jake narrowed his eyes, frowned and poked Sam in the chest aggressively as if he was about to say something, but his face suddenly drained of color making him look very pale. He swallowed hard, but I could tell he was going to be sick.