Recover

"She was alone. I left her. I told her I'd take care of her. She trusted me. She was alone. I left her. I told her I'd take care of her. She trusted me. She was alone. I left her. I told her I'd take care of her. She trusted me. ShewasaloneIlefthershewasaloneIlefthershetrustedmeshetrustedmeSHETRUSTEDME-!"

Moon carefully unclasps Sun's hands from tugging any harder on his rays. "Shhh, calm down, Sunny. Listen to me. She's going to be okay. You didn't do anything wrong, Sun."

"But-but, I left her alone, I-I should have stayed-"

"No, that's on me, Sun, I convinced you to leave. We didn't know she had appendicitis."

Sun shakes his head, bending his knees down and collapsing onto the pavement mumbling manically, "Nonononono, it's all my fault-it's all my fault!"

Moon sighs sadly. There's not much he can do when Sunny falls into a panic filled spiral. Before, he would listen and watch from their shared headspace, futilely trying to talk him out of it and comfort him to no avail.

The lunar bot bends down as well, a hand on his brother's shoulder. "Come on, Sunshine, can you stand up for me?" When Sun doesn't move, Moon hooks his arms under his and easily lifts him. "Oof!" Moon huffs as he attempts to lug the hysteric animatronic up the steps to their home.

When the two finally get back inside, Sun breaks from his brother's arms and darts into the bathroom, quickly shutting and locking the door. "Ah, Sun-no! Come on!" Moon stretches his hand into the empty air.

He wants to scream. Everything has gone wrong and it's his fault. Not Sunny's. He convinced him to go out, not the other way around. It's his fault his brother is spiraling in the bathroom. He can't do anything to help him or Codie. Why? Why is he so useless!?

Moon paces the hallway for about an hour when there was a knock at the door. He stops, red eyes narrowing into pinpricks as he stalks towards the entrance. Who could be knocking at this hour?

The bot practically yanks the door off its hinges, angry and ready to rough up whoever the hell is knocking at their door this late. The man on the other side holds his fist up, eyes open wide in shock. Moon growls at the human. With his lips in a straight line, the man clears his throat, lowering his hand.

"Um, hello, Moon, is it? I'm dropping by to grab Codie a pair of clothes for her to change into tomorrow..." At this, Moon's eyes widen and his pupils enlarge. He just growled at Codie's father!

"I-I-I um, yes of course." Moon steps aside, gesturing for the man to come inside. He looks away guiltily but flinches at a sudden touch on his arm.

"Are you alright?"

"Fine," Moon mumbles.

Codie's dad takes notice of the giant footprints imbedded into the carpet. "Uh...huh..." he says unconvinced. "Uh, which one is Codie's room?" Silently, Moon guides him there, opening the door to let him in. He watches as the human shuffles through Codie's drawers in the dark before turning on the light, wincing at the sudden change.

He jumps, not expecting it but thanks Moon nonetheless. While Moon watches, twiddling with the end of his hat, bell jingling softly, he quietly asks, "Will she be okay?"

Holding all the clothing in a neat pile, the man turns around, giving the bot a soft smile. "She'll be just fine, Moon. I'll bet the surgery is already over." Yeah, Moon heavily searched the internet during his pacing, knowing that they only last about an hour or so. "Oh! I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself have I? I'm Marvin."

Immediately, Moon puts Marvin into his facial recognition profile, having all the info he needs with a scan of the face. "M' Moon, but it seems like you already knew that..."