Beginning

Today's the day! The day Codie moves out of her parents house at a crisp 20 years old. She would have done so earlier, but, time's been tough and so was money. But now! Codie is ready to embrace the world!

The ginger has dreamed of this since she was little. Not that her parents were bad or anything, no! Her parents are amazing! Sweet, understanding, and helpful. She'll miss them, of course, but she's ready to be independent!

Codie gets ready to meet up with an apartment building manager to check out an apartment she's been keeping an eye on. She'll also be meeting with a possible roommate while there, as well.

The girl pulls a white blouse over her head and slips on some jeans before grabbing her purse and exiting her room. She hasn't heard much about the person checking out the place either besides what the manager said: "Super sweet and over-excitable!"

'Easy to get along with!' Codie thinks, excited as well. The ginger bounces out the kitchen towards the front door, passing her parents along the way. "Bye mom, bye dad!" she waves, her curly hair bouncing off her shoulders.

Her mom waves back, a coffee cup leaving her lips, "Bye, sweetie! Text us if you need us!" With a nod of affirmation, Codie leaves.

~~Time Skip~~

A deep blue colored Toyota pulls up to an apartment building, taking a 'Possible Resident' parking spot. Codie turns her car off and exits, slinging her bag over her shoulder. She smiles and peers around. Such a nice area! She knew this place looked good in the pictures!

"Hello! You must be Codie!" A woman in a brown pencil skirt and blue blouse approaches the girl, her arm outstretched.

Codie shakes her hand while nodding. "Yes! You must be...Mrs. Simmons?"

"Yes! I'm the manager of Sunrise Acres! I'll be showing you the place!" Codie smiles. "If you'd just follow me..." the two quickly make their way to her (possibly) new home, "and this is it! Second floor, two-oh-two."

Codie nods, knowing about the placement. She's looked into this place for a while now, she knew what she was getting into. Not the bottom floor as she wouldn't feel safe enough, and not the top floor as it's a hassle to go up and down. The second floor is perfect!

"Awesome!" Codie exclaims.

"So your possible roommates are already up there, I let them check it out since you were a little late..." Codie catches something.

"Wait, room-mates? I thought there'd be just me and one other person?" Mrs. Simmons turns to look at her sheepishly.

"Well, technically it was just one roommate. But since last week it's two now that they're separated..." she trails off. Codie frowns in confusion but the manager waves her off. "It's alright, they're very nice, I'm sure you three would get along."

'But there's only two rooms...' the ginger thinks as the woman takes her up to the apartment. Mrs. Simmons opens the door and as Codie steps in, she immediately scans anything she may have to take pictures of. (She's done lots of research)

"So here it is!" The lady smiles and sweeps her arm in an outward motion. Passed the short entrance way, in front of her, is the kitchen behind a half wall. To the left is a small living area big enough for a couch, love seat and dinner table. To the right is a small hallway with the 2 bedrooms on each side at the end. In the middle of the hallway, sliding doors hide away the washer and dryer and on the opposite side, the bathroom.

Roomy, yet big enough for the, well, now three of them, Codie supposes.

Mrs. Simmons 'tsks', "I believe they're in the bedroom, I'll get them." The lady leaves down the hall and disappears into the left room. Codie wanders around the front room, and steps into the small box kitchen. She checks inside the cabinets as she hears footsteps approaching. Heavy footsteps.