Epilogue

(Three months later

(Three months later...)

A cold wind blew right inside the window, making me shiver. It was too chilly to wear a sleeveless wedding dress.

"Are you cold?" Lily asked from the bed, and I glared at her.

"Yes, all because of you!"

"Oh come on, you can handle this. It's only for one hour. All you have to do is walk down the aisle, say your vows to each other, kiss, and come back. Simple!"

I sighed. No matter how much I begged, I couldn't change her mind. She just had to bring me the most scandalous and revealing wedding dress of all time. No matter how beautiful it looked on me, I still hated going out in this in the month of December.

Maybe we should have waited a bit more to get married, at least until March.

"Whatever. But why are you still here? You should be with the other bridesmaids." I asked her, but she just shrugged.

"I wanna see you get fully dressed. They don't need me there anyway."

I nodded, feeling the hairdresser pull on my hair in every direction possible as she tried to make an elaborate combination of braids from my hair. Biting back a groan, I decided to keep still for the sake of my appearance.

The summer months had passed by in a blur, and it was December already. Last month, I'd seen my name appear on the very first fashion show, and it was the happiest moment of my life. Even after all the roadblocks, my team and I managed to pull it off by slaving off day and night, and the results were incredible.

It was the first time Panache had introduced such a soft style, and everyone talked about it. Obviously, the new collection sold out in a record time, and our team was saved from getting kicked out. I'd laughed as Sophie and the rest jumped in their places like little kids when they heard the news. It was heartwarming and a huge blow to Sasha, who still glared at us as we passed by.

Of course, she had excused herself from the wedding today. She said it was an illness, but I knew it was jealousy.

A sudden thought popped up in my mind, and I turned to Lily, who was reading a magazine. My hairdresser was immediately triggered, and told me to sit straight. Turning back, I said, "Lily, André's brother is supposed to be your partner, right?"

Lily was my maid of honor, and Janvier was obviously the best man. It was hilarious to see them together for the rehearsals, and I could sense some tension between them. And now, Lily's stinking face only confirmed my suspicions.

"Yes, and does that amuse you so much?" She snapped back, getting defensive.

I chuckled. "Actually, it does. It does because you're acting weird about it. Just tell me now, is there something between you two?"

She sighed. "It's nothing. There's nothing between us, at least not anymore."

She had mumbled the last part, but I'd still heard it. Ever the curious cat, I caught onto that information. "Hey, you said not anymore? What does that mean?"

A Pearl In The Oyster ☑️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara