𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞:𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨, 𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐧

ABOUT AN HOUR EARLIER

"Okay. I wanna run through it one more time. Phase one." Nancy stated as they were inside the RV. Nora stood beside Dustin as she bounced her foot nervously. I mean, anyone would be nervous in this situation.

"We meet Erica at the playground. She'll signal Max, Lucas, and Ben when we're ready." Robin answered.

"Phase two."

"Max and Ben bait Vecna. He'll go after them, which'll put him in his trance."

"Phase three?"

"Me, Dustin, and Eddie draw the bats away." Nora added her head towards Dustin and Eddie who nodded at her words. Eddie ruffled Noras hair and pulled her close to his side.

"Phase four."

"We head into Vecnas newly bat—free lair, and....flambé."

"Nobody moves on to the next phase until we've all copied. Nobody deviates from the plan, no matter what. Got it?" Nancy asked.

"Got it." Everyone replied, getting out of the RV. Nora held her bow and arrow close as they ran inside Eddie's trailer so they could get inside the upside down.

"Here goes nothing." Steve muttered as he climbed and fell into the upside down without a mattress.

"Wow Steve, that was so impressive." Nora sarcastically commented as she rolled her eyes earning a snicker from Robin. Steve placed a mattress so everyone else could land safely. Nancy dropped her bag and fell onto the mattress, as Steve helped her up. Nora immediately sighed and looked away at the look Steve gave Nancy. This wasn't even her relationship and she felt heartbroken. Maybe it was because her and Ben were so close and Nancy was pretty much playing with Ben.

Nora was next.

She threw her bow and arrow into the upside down before going in herself. Steve helped her up and she dusted herself off before grabbing her weapons once more. Once everyone was in the upside down Nora let out a sigh and leaned against Eddie's trailer as Steve walked over to her, Eddie, and Dustin.

"Hey, listen. If things here start to go south, I mean, at all, you abort. Okay? Draw the attention of the bats? Keep 'em busy for a minute or two. We'll take care of Vecna. Don't cry to be cute or be a hero or something." Steve stated.

"Right, because being the hero is your job right?" Nora replied as she crossed her arms over her chest. Nora could do whatever the hell she wanted. Steve had no control over her.

"Don't worry. You can be the hero."

"Absolutely. I mean, look at us. We are not hero's." Eddie added causing Nora to scoff.

"Guys, we can be heroes. At least I can. Being a decoys overrated." Nora commented with a shrug.

"Hey, Steve?" Eddie called once Steve started to walk off. "Make him pay."