𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲:𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

Ben was exhausted as he walked down the halls of the secret Russian base

Ben was exhausted as he walked down the halls of the secret Russian base. His leg was dragging because of how he injured it in the elevator, and his head was pounding from the lack of food and water. He let out a sigh as Nora stood beside him, a bandaid wrapped around her head to stop the bleeding.

"I mean, you have to admit, as a feat of engineering alone, this is impressive." Dustin commented.

"What are you talking about? It's a total fire hazard. There's no stairs, there's no exit. There's just an elevator that drops you halfway to hell." Steve replied.

"Maybe the Russians don't wanna leave. That's why there's no stairs or exit. And the elevator is probably just for transporting stuff, like weapons or that green shit we saw back there." Nora mentioned. Ben had to admit, that sounded like a good theory.

"They're commies. You don't pay people, they cut corners." Erica said looking to both Nora and Steve.

"To be fair to our Russian commies, I don't think this tunnel was designed for walking. Think about it, they developed the perfect system for transporting that cargo."

"It all comes to the mall like any old delivery."

"And then they load it onto those trucks and nobody's the wiser."

"You think they built that whole mall just so they can transport that green poison?" Steve questioned.

"Wouldn't be shocked if it was." Ben muttered as he ran a hand through his hair. He stared down at his walkie talkie, attempting to get in contact with Nancy or even someone. But there was no signal which meant the group was screwed until they found a way.

"I very much doubt it's something as boring as poison. It's gotta be much more valuable, like promethium or something." Dustin mentioned.

"What the hell is promethium?"

"Oh! This one I know. I've been reading comics for years. It's what Victor Stones dad used to make cyborgs bionic and cybernetic components." Ben explained with a proud smile on his face after.

"You're all such nerds it makes me physically ill." Erica commented.

"No, no, no. Don't lump me in with them. I'm not a nerd."

"Makes sense that instead of preparing for college you're sitting in a sailor uniform." Ben said crossing his arms over his chest. Nora snickered at that and Steve just glared at him. Dustin claimed that the green substance was being used to either power something or build something out of it. As the group continued to walk the sound of a Russian voice on a walkie talkie made the boys eyes widen and he immediately crouched down beside Erica to listen to the voice.

"Operation "Take down Evil Russians" is officially a go!" Ben cheered as he stood up and started walking down the hallway beside Nora and Steve.

*******
Jonah was now at the Heathers house as he sipped on orange juice and leaned against Jonathan who had an arm wrapped around his shoulders. As Nancy knocked on the door Jonah quickly realized that wasn't working so he looked to face El which Jonathan and Nancy did a few seconds later. The door opened and Jonah stepped through, immediately feeling cold.