𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐨𝐡 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡, 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

Ben woke up to someone lightly knocking on his door

Ben woke up to someone lightly knocking on his door. Turning his head, he took notice of Susan leaning against his door. Ben really didn't have an issue with Susan, due to the fact his dad would most likely kick his ass if he even looked at her the wrong way. Ben attempted to fall back asleep, but when he felt Susan still standing there staring at him he rolled his eyes and turned his head.

"Your father says it's time to wake up. You have work in an hour." Susan informed before walking off.

"He keeps up with my life? Real shocker." Ben mumbled as he got out of bed. A loud yawn escaped his lips as he started to make his way over to the bathroom. He barley got any sleep the night before, due to Neil yelling at him because he didn't do the dishes. Ben stood up all night letting the insults ponder in his head, wondering what he did to deserve everything that happened to him. Ben would've went over to sleep at Nancy's house but it was the middle of the night and he didn't want to bother her. And so he laid in his bed that he was starting to grow out of, and stared up at the ceiling leaving him with three hours of sleep.

As Ben walked out of the bathroom with his work uniform on, Billy bumped shoulders with Ben causing the teen to scoff. Ever since Max screamed at him over at the Byers house and Ben almost cut off his air supply Billy had been treating the two even worse than before. Not that Ben cared, since he was used to Billy treating him like shit. But today, with barley any sleep, Ben wasn't playing around.

"Dick." He mumbled with a roll of his eyes. Billy suddenly turned around with fury in his eyes.

"What'd you say to me?" He questioned. No way in hell was Ben backing down now. He was sick and tired of the way Billy had been acting the last few months.

"I said you're a dick. Fuck off." Ben turned to walk down the hallway before he was being slammed against the wall by Billy. Ben gasped from the contact and attempted to pull away but Billy slammed him against the wall once more causing him to whimper in pain. He was always known to be hot headed and hostile, but never in a million years would Billy lay a hand on Ben. No matter how angry he got. Billy stared at Ben in shock before letting him go and walking off. Ben didn't know what to do in a situation like that. Part of him wanted to follow Billy and ask him what the hell happened. But the other part wanted to leave him alone and not even bother asking questions. One member of the Hargrove family was already known to be violent. Why was it shocking that one of his kids were turning out just like him?

Ben swore he would never hurt his kids. Never in a million years would he see himself slapping his son because he failed a test or because he "looked at him" the wrong way. Ben would never scream or hurt his wife in any shape or form. He couldn't see himself driving Nancy so far away she just ran off and didn't look back.

"Are you alright?" Susan questioned as she noticed Ben staring at the wall on the ground. Ben just sniffled before standing up and nodding.

"I'm fine. Just.....leave me alone, alright?" He mumbled as he grabbed a granola bar and walked out of his house without another word.