𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭:𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮

After his huge argument with Ben, Jonah decided to call in sick for the rest of the week

After his huge argument with Ben, Jonah decided to call in sick for the rest of the week. He couldn't bring himself to get out of bed or even function properly. Derek didn't really care, and even if he did, it still wouldn't change anything. Jonah still would've taken off the week anyway.

He felt like a coward.

That he had to call out of work to avoid his best friend who just wanted the truth. It wasn't fair to Ben, and Jonah knew that for a fact.

And Jonathan.

Jonathan had been picking up on Jonah's strange behavior for a couple of days, and would ask how he was doing. Jonah would claim he was fine, but that wasn't the case at all.

Lying to his own friends and family.

Was this what Jonah's life came too?

The thought made him shiver despite the fact he was under a layer of blankets and it was blazing hot inside his room. The door opened revealing Derek who leaned against the wall and was smoking a cigarette.

"Jonathan's here to see you." He informed. Jonah just groaned and turned on his side facing away from his dad. Why does Jonathan love to show up when Jonah looks like shit? Derek just rolled his eyes and closed the door, and within seconds the door opened again and Jonathan walked inside.

"Hey babe." Jonathan greeted as he kissed Jonah's cheek softly. The boy turned over and gave his boyfriend a warm smile.

"Morning stranger. Aren't you supposed to be at work?"

"Aren't you?" Jonathan quipped back, causing Jonah to raise a brow.

"I asked you first."

"Alright, you caught me. Nance and I got fired."

"Fired?" Jonah repeated, not being able to process what his boyfriend had just said. They fired one of the best photographers they had? What kind of bullshit was that? They were gonna pay. Jonah attempted to sit up only for Jonathan to push him down again.

"God you're so predictable it's insane. Don't kick their asses." Jonathan demanded pointing a finger at Jonah who attempted to bite it causing him to pull away quickly.

"Those assholes lost the best they got. Why'd you even get fired in the first place?" Jonah questioned.

"Remember Mrs.Driscoll?" Jonah slowly nodded, remembering the time.

"We got fired because we kept on going with the story even though we shouldn't have."

"Oh wow, what a reason to get fired." Jonah scoffed as he rolled his eyes. Tom, Jonathans boss was always full of shit. And the way he treated Nancy was disgusting as well.