𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭:𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬

After packing a huge bag full of supplies and weapons, Jonah was in the middle of nowhere with Jonathan and Nancy as Jonathan shot a gun

After packing a huge bag full of supplies and weapons, Jonah was in the middle of nowhere with Jonathan and Nancy as Jonathan shot a gun. Jonah's dad didn't own a gun, so he just took a machete he found in his garage.

"So after we kill a monster and stuff, you wanna do something?" Jonah questioned swinging his machete around and walking over to Jonathan.

"Sure." Jonathan replied shooting his gun once more.

"You know you're supposed to hit the cans right?" Nancy joked walking over to the duo.

"No, actually, you see the spaces in between the cans? I'm aiming for those."

Nancy dropped her baseball bat and bag and walked to stand next to jonah.

"You ever shot a gun before?"

"Have you met my parents? Yeah, I haven't shot one since I was ten. My dad took me hunting on my birthday. He made me kill a rabbit." Jonathan replied.

"What about you?" Nancy asked Jonah who just shrugged.

"My parents worked a lot. Hunting and vacations weren't exactly on schedule." He replied. A frown appeared on his lips as he thought back to all the times he wanted to spend time with his dad but he was just brushed off like a stranger.

"I guess he and my mother loved each other at some point but, I wasn't around for that part." Jonathan mentioned. Nancy took the gun from him and pointed it at the cans.

"I don't think my parents ever loved each other."

"They must've married for some reason."

"My mom was young. My dad was older, but he had a cushy job, money, came from a good family. So they bought a nice house at the end of the cul-de-sac......and started a nuclear family."

The two looked to jonah, who just sighed and shook his head.

"I don't wanna talk about it."

                            ******
It wasn't that long before the group of three walked through the woods. Jonah hated the woods with all of his heart. There were so many ways you could die out here and it gave him anxiety like no other. Jonah also felt like he was third wheeling with Jonathan and Nancy. Trauma buddies unite. Now Nancy and Jonathan were going back and forth about Steve and Jonah really didn't care that much until jonathan dragged Jonah into it.

"Yeah, that's one word for it. Tell that to Jonah who could've died if it wasn't for your boyfriend."

"Steve didn't mean that. I talked to Steve and told him he took it too far. And that doesn't make what you did on." Nancy argued and Jonah rolled his eyes trying to block the conversation out of his head. He couldn't believe Nancy was defending someone who shoved milk down someone else's throat. It was kinda sick honestly.