chapter 39

i walked into the kitchen and looked around. 

"what are you doing?" sykkuno asked. the boys were over. 

"i'm looking for graham crackers." i said. 

"i don't think we have any?" he said. i smiled as i haven't met ray in person. 

"i'll just go to the store and grab some. is there anything you need while i'm out."

"uh." he thought for a bit. "yeah actually." he said getting up walking over to me. he leaned towards my ears and i laugh what he said. "condoms." he said. 

"okay. i'll pick those up too." i said and walked out. "which reminds me. i need to pick up more birth control pills." i said. he nodded. 

"do you have money?"

"yes. i have a bank card syk."

"oh can you pick up food this time. i miss you're cooking?"

"i cooked yesterday." i said with a smile. 

"broth doesn't count." he said. i laughed. 

"just cut up some potates and what's not and take the frozen broth out of the freezer. boom. home made soup. which reminds me again. blau, one of the containers in the freezer is for tea. she's been wanting to tray my cabbage rolls." i said. blau looked at me confused and pulled out his phone.

"when did you get tea's number?" he asked. dailing someone.

"the otv party. she showed up with to- brit!. oh my god. i almost called her tori." i said. the boys laugh and blau starts talking to someone about cabbage rolls. probably tea. i grabbed my keys. "okay i'm going. bye." i said and i pecked syks cheek. i made my way out and sat in the car. my phone goes off and i looked at it. i froze when mom flashed on the screen. "what the." i answered it. 

"mom?"

"i haven't heard you call me mom in 4 years. it's was always woman or mother." she said. 

"what do you want?" i said when i knew she was using that i need something voice.

"i need a pick up. my truck broke down." she said. 

"where. and where to." i said. i started my car. 

"the highway. you'll see me." she said and hung up. i sighed and drove to the highway. i made sure to go slow but not to slow. i saw her up ahead and parked behind her. i got out and walked to her car. i made sure to have my purse with me. "hello." she said. 

"hi. pop you're hood." i said. she did as told and i looked at it. "yep. it needs to get toed." i said. she sighed. she got out of her car. 

"i already did." she said. "can i get a ride somewhere?" she said and i looked at her.

"where?"

"AA meeting." she said. i just looked at her. "i want a relationship with you again." she said and i nodded making my way to my car. i get in waiting for her. she gets in the passenger seat. "can i ask something?" she asked. i nodded and started driving. "are you pregnant?" she asked. 

"no. i make sure that sykkuno uses protection." 

"this sykkuno guy. is he a boyfriend?"

"my husband." i said. 

"i do see a little baby bump. are you sure you're not pregnant?" she said. i frowned deeper. 

"i'm not." i said. 

"did you take a test to prove that you're not?" she said. 

"the last time i took a test it was negative and that was like 6 months ago." i said. "i'm just gaining a little bit of weight because i don't model anymore." i said.