Lord Take The Throne

Matthew 6:24
ESV
24 “No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.

If God has the throne of our hearts, we will begin to refuse to have two masters.

Revelation 3:15-16
ESV
15 “‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! 16 So, because you are lukewarm and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. 

There needs to come a time when we don't just treat God as God but as Lord over our lives, over our hearts, over our future and everything.

I want us to picture our hearts. In our hearts, minds and lives there's a throne. We can choose to make sin lord over us by letting it control and direct us. We can choose idols to have control. We can choose our emotions or people to have direction but I want us to choose to make God Lord over everything. Let Him take the throne.

Like the Bible says we can't serve two masters but we need to make a conscious decision to allow God to take the throne of our life

God sits on the throne of your life.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
ESV
19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, 20 for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Galatians 2:20-21
ESV
20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21 I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness[a] were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.

Galatians 6:17
ESV
17 From now on let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus.

1 John 4:4
ESV
4 Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

God is the Lord over our lives primarily. He has created us, formed us, and has a will and purpose for our lives. We are made in the image of God (Genesis 1:26) and are called to repentance where we are born again into God's family, becoming daughters of the Most High (Romans 8:15).

We have to allow God to establish Himself as Lord over our lives. God has control over our lives. God's will shall prevail over our lives as we make a conscious decision to walk according to His way, His direction, His word and His guidance.

We make God Lord over our lives when we surrender ourselves before Him and allow Him to move in our lives. We recognise that He is sovereign and His thoughts are higher than ours (Isaiah 55:8-9).

We choose to trust Him with our future, with our lives, our callings, our jobs, our families and our relationships. God remains our biggest priority and the most important person in our lives. We seek His guidance in our decisions. We seek His will to be done upon our lives. We seek His correction and redirection.

For Jesus to be Lord over our lives we need to decide to allow Him to take the throne of our hearts when it comes to our breath. Our reason for doing anything and moving on this earth holds a greater mission that we seek to accomplish by what the Father has already established in heaven. We desire for God to be the primary decision-maker that we obey, surrender and trust.

By surrender, we know it's no longer us who lives but Christ in us (Romans 8:15). We know that we are now vessels for Christ. We deny ourselves to walk according to the Spirit (Matthew 16:24, Galatians 5). We don't follow our will but seek first and foremost God's will for our lives.

For God to have the throne over our bodies is similar. Our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit. God cares about our bodies because He created them. He cares about what happens to us and our lives.

The Bible tells us how in everything we do, we do it for the glory of God (1 Corinthians 10:31). We don't make any rushed decisions but are conscience that the bodies we have aren't just for ourselves but for the glory of God. The same hands that steal are the hands God uses to touch the sick and heal them. The same legs that run quickly to murder are the same legs that walk to preach the gospel by travelling from place to place. The same mouth that sings worship unto God and ministers is the same mouth that slanders and gossips. The body in which we can sense the presence of God and see God move through powerfully is the same body that we destroy by moving in sin.

We do His will and be who He called us to be and do what He called us to do.

God should take over the throne of our direction, where we are going, what we will be doing etc. because we can trust His plans are good (Jeremiah 29:11) and everything He does will work out for our good (Romans 8:28).

Lord over our hearts and character

God must also be Lord over hearts and character. We know from the scriptures that the flesh and Spirit are constantly at war with each other (Galatians 5). We also wrestle against the kingdom of darkness.

Each seeks to have a throne over our hearts. Idols seek the throne. Our flesh seeks the throne. The kingdom of darkness seeks the throne.

For something to take the throne of your heart means that it holds the biggest power, it holds the highest priority, it gives direction, takes your adoration and worship.

Anything can sit on the throne but there is a desire for God to sit at the throne because only He is the holy perfect King who can properly rule through us. For God to take the throne of our hearts for sin not to take over.

We need to pray that God takes over whenever sin feels too much.
That God takes over whenever you feel the call of sin once again.

1 Corinthians 6:12
NLT
Avoiding Sexual Sin
12 You say, “I am allowed to do anything”—but not everything is good for you. And even though “I am allowed to do anything,” I must not become a slave to anything.

We aren't in bondage but are now set free indeed by the son, we are living in freedom in Christ but that doesn't mean we need to go back bound.

We used to walk in sin. We couldn't resist our flesh but now born again, we can walk according to the Spirit.

God should take the throne over our hearts and lives. He must rule not sin. No demon should rule over us because Christ rules over us.

God has the throne over our minds.

The Bible says how Christ left peace with us (John 14:27). Our minds and hearts are ruled by God. God has the throne over our minds. We don't need to live by anxiety, anxious thoughts, fear, worry and confusion because Christ doesn't have any of these and the one who has the throne of our minds is the Prince of Peace Himself (Isaiah 9:6)

We don't need to be shaking or filled with panic because God is the centre of our thoughts. Even if you feel attacks on your mind of sin, where sinful thoughts come to your mind remember the scripture:

Philippians 4:8
NKJV
Meditate on These Things
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

I want you to finish reading this and desire to let Christ have the throne over our lives, bodies, callings, decisions, hearts and minds.

With these points I want you to go to God in prayer today and ask Him to have the throne over your life. Ask Him to take control. Surrender your life, body, and mind all into God's hands and pray for His control. Pray for His direction and pray that nothing else remains on the throne of your life that isn't Him. Whether that be sin the kingdom of darkness or even idols, God alone can take the throne of your life. Reject what's not of God today and accept God into your life.

Lord come and take the throne of our lives. Lord, we want you to take over. Lord, we invite you. We desire you.

-etty

Devotionalsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें