The Power Of The Blood Of Jesus

The Power Of The blood of Jesus

There is power in blood. Blood communicates and speaks. We see this at the beginning of the Bible when the Bible describes Abel's blood to have cried out to God.

Genesis 4:10
NKJV
10 And He said, “What have you done? The voice of your brother’s blood cries out to Me from the ground.

The blood of Abel was communicating, sending a message, and grabbing the attention of God. This is where we see that blood speaks and gives a message.

The blood of Jesus similarly spoke and continues to speak today. The blood of Jesus is so symbolic, so profound, and important yet many are ignorant of the power of the blood of Jesus.

1) The power to help us overcome, deliver, redeem and break chains

Revelation 12:11
ESV
11 And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death.

What blood is this verse referring to?

It's referring to the blood of Jesus Christ. The blood of Jesus has the power to help us overcome. It's a mark of victory, over death, sin, chains, and curses.

The blood of Jesus has power over every evil authority.

When you feel tied, bound, trapped, and chained remember the blood of Jesus helps us overcome. When we pray to be covered by the blood of Jesus it symbolically speaks of overcoming. The blood of Jesus overcame death and gave life. When we pray for the blood of Jesus we need to have the understanding that the blood of Jesus breaks chains. It sets the captives free. It delivers those who were once bound. The name of Jesus speaks and so does the blood of Jesus.

2) The blood of Jesus protects, covers, and justifies

Exodus 12:13
ESV
The blood shall be a sign for you, on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and no plague will befall you to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt.

Read the whole of Exodus 12 for context. This old testament passage in context refers to the time of Moses. This was the final plague, that all firstborn sons will be killed. God instructed Moses to ask the Israelites to add blood to their doors so God can Passover from the terror soon coming. Similarly, the blood of Jesus protects and covers.

When we say we are covered the blood it speaks of protection. You have protection when you're under the blood of Jesus. Often my mother would pray that the blood of Jesus covers us whenever she would feel led.  She did this to pray protection over us.

3) The blood of Jesus justifies.

The blood of Jesus is what firstly preserves us from judgment. We are sinners and by the blood of Jesus and the work He did on the cross, we are saved, forgiven, redeemed, and cleansed from all unrighteousness.

Whenever we have fallen into sin, after confessing and repenting of our sin the blood of Jesus justifies us. Our sin is exchanged for His righteousness and we are no longer condemned but free in Christ (Romans 8:1). We are given a new identity and justified.

4) The Blood of Jesus purifies

Jesus lived a sin-free life. He was free from all blemish and iniquity. He lived a life of perfect purity and that same blood of purity now covers us today and purifies. When the Bible says that when we confess our sin, God is faithful to forgive and also cleanse us of all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9), in Christ, His blood and work on the cross purifies us from all unrighteousness.

In Psalm 51, we see David often prayed that his sin will be blotted out. He wanted a deep cleaning, he wanted to be purified and made clean. When we pray for the blood of Jesus over our hearts, lives, and minds we aren't just praying for protection but purification. The blood Jesus cleanses, purifies, and sanctifies because it holds no blemish. We can pray that every evil deposit in our lives be driven out by the blood of Jesus because it purifies.

Knowing the power of the blood of the Lamb, to be atonement for our sin, to be a protection, to be a defense, etc we can pray declaring the blood of Jesus over us. I want us to understand that this is symbolic and powerful. The blood of Jesus symbolizes so much. I don't want us to be ignorant of what the blood does and the power of the name of Jesus.

So declare the blood of Jesus over yourself, over your life, and your family. Know it's that blood that justifies, purifies, sanctifies, defends, protects, and sets us free.

-etty