1.1

Taking Dessa shopping reminded Talia of her old life again when she went to the mall with her best friends.

Of course, everytime they all went to the mall, it was in her car. And somehow, she always became the bag carrier, the card swiper, and the snack buyer.

"Ooh, can we buy this?"

"Omg, the new set just came out, look!"

"Teeli, I'm hungry, can we get something to eat?"

(gasp) "You cannot believe what I just saw in the next store. C'mon girls, guess."

Everything was so nostalgic.

Until she got to the cashier's.

"Your total is $1,834.67."

Talia's jaw dropped internally.

WHAATTT??!!!

It took all her willpower to keep a straight face.

She then swiped the card, her fingers slightly trembling.

Don't decline, please please don't decline-

["It won't decline Host. The original owner was pretty ri-"]

"Shh, I'm praying here."

["But-"]

"Shush it."

A few seconds of silence passed.

Du-ding!

Talia relaxed inwardly as the card got accepted.
She finished the paying process, slipped the card back in her wallet, and picked up the bags.

"Thank you Miss."

The young cashier blushed and smiled, tucking some loose hair strands behind her ear, (in her 20s)

"Y-you're welcome Sir. Have a n-nice day."

"You too."

Talia smiled sincerely then followed Dessa out of the store.

_____________
The cashier sunk to the floor behind the counter clutching her chest. She kissed the messages on her phone-screen  repeatedly.
Thank goodness her friend had taken the day off. She had thought it unfair when she had been texted to be the replacement, until she saw that man walk into her store.

It's not every day you see a handsome dashing stranger, not to mention, rich as well.

What a specimen, ah

"Excuse me, are you ok? I would like to buy this."

The cashier calmed down her beating heart then stood back up and put a professional smile on as she started checking things out.

"I'm fine, sorry madam. Please insert your card."

______________

After loading the bags into the trunk, Talia stuffed the receipt into her pocket.

It's too painful to look at, ah.

Letting out a sigh, she got into the car to a smiling bubbly Dessa happily digging into bag of chips.

Talia grinned a little. Feelings of happiness and satisfaction flowed through her heart. It was probably the original owner's feelings.

Suddenly, her hand reached out involuntarily and rubbed Dessa's head.

Before Talia could stop her mouth, words spilled through her lips in a teasing affectionate tone.

"Slow down, Little chipmunk, it's almost dinner time."