(Sec 2-1) Feeling Antsy (Alt Ending)

Start from the beginning

Zill: R-Rusty...?

Rusty flinched, he stood right up and turned to face me, his face paler that I've ever seen before.

Rusty: Oh hey Zill...! What's up...? What are you doin' here...

Zill: W-What's up...? What am I-

I shook away all previous fears, giving him a darker and more serious look.

Zill: That's my line! What are you doing here?!

His face grew a little redder. He growled slightly.

Rusty: D-Don't judge me! I ain't doing nothin'!

I scoffed.

Zill: That implies you're doing something! Just stop it! What in...

I turned to the vending machine.

Zill: What in the hell... Is that vending machine...?!

Rusty froze, he bit his own lip. He shook his head as if shaking away his own fear to continue yelling.

Rusty:D-Don't get in my way Zill! I collected these 200 tokens fair and square!

My jaw fell as soon as he said that. I stared at the number 200 that was written in blue above the machine... Just like... the Prize Exchange... I felt my blood run cold.

Zill: D-Don't tell me... Is this... the escape ticket...?!

Rusty gasped as he clenched his teeth. His body grew rigid.

Rusty: I-It's not-

Zill: "It's not what it looks like"?! What?! You are trying to buy a soda from that vending machine, is that it.

Rusty growled, turning to me with bared teeth.

Rusty: I ain't that thirsty!!!

Zill: Yeah you are! You're thirsty for the air outside!

Rusty: That's not how thirst-

He facepalmed, taking a deep breath before looking me in the eyes.

Rusty: I was... just investigating the escape route... So we can all work together... Overthrow these fuckers and escape!!!

My eyes widened for a moment. I almost felt relieved until I realized a few things... One... We still have these collars around our neck, the kidnappers could kill us at any time... Rusty should know this... Two... Why be so secretive about this... If he was telling the truth, he would've just told me... and finally... three... Rusty... His body was still trembling, his smile quivered... and his eyes... They had a certain glossiness about it... A glossiness I can't trust.

Zill: You're lying, aren't you. Despite everything, you've always been honest and fair ever since we've been in this place... If you really wanted to escape... You would've told me before we traded! You just wanted to escape alone!!!

Once again, Rusty froze, like a deer in headlights. His face grew a bit darker as he fell silent for a moment... but just for a moment.

Rusty:... What's... wrong with that...?

My eyes widened slightly.

Zill: H-Huh...?

Then he exploded.

Rusty: I never did anything unfair! I earned those tokens fair and square... So I can go outside first! It's not like I'm planning on abandoning you guys! I'll go get help! It's less realistic to rebel against many kidnappers... Especially with these damn collars around our necks! I ain't leaving you guys to die! I... I won't abandon you guys...! Please... just... Just lemme go, Zill!!!