(Sec 1-1) Gustav and Mackenzie

Gustav's POV

Zill and Venganza left the room. Leaving me with Mackenzie again.

*THUD*

Mackenzie: OW!

I look to see Mackenzie on the ground, rubbing her head. I sighed.

Gustav: You can really be hopeless sometimes.

She got furious.

Mackenzie: HEY!

Her features soften. She began to tear up a bit. I sighed... maybe I should just leave her alone. Her clumsiness and attire annoy me but... we are in the same situation after all.

Gustav: I apologize, Mackenzie.

Mackenzie: D-don't act like you care...

She began crying. I decided to comfort her. We are trapped in the same situation afterall.

Mackenzie: All I cause is trouble... for other people... for my mom...

Gustav: Do you care a lot for your mother?

Mackenzie wiped her tears.

Mackenzie: O-of course. She took me in when no one else would.

This caught me by surprise.

Gustav: You were adopted? I wasn't aware.

Mackenzie: Yeah... by a cat... she was traditional so I picked up some of her habits.

That would explain her behavior.

Gustav: I... can relate...

Mackenzie looked surprised.

Mackenzie: R-really?

Gustav: Yes... I too am an orphan like you and Ruben. I was adopted from a German Orphanage and... I was acquired by a rather affluent family. They had an interest in many forms of art... but...

Should I really tell her this?

Gustav: I was never actually good at expressing art.

Mackenzie: R-really?!

I sighed.

Gustav: Ja, really. Even though I studied theater and know all the fundamentals in art... I cannot express my love in a "normal" way.

Mackenzie: What do you mean?

Gustav: Well, you see. I actually have an interest in taxidermy if you cannot tell.

Mackenzie: Wait... SO THAT SKULL AROUND YOUR NECK?!

Gustav: Yes. It is a real animal skull but do not be alarmed, I don't actually kill the animals. I simply preserve their corpses and mold them into something else. I am actually a part of something called, "Vulture Culture."

Her eyes lit up with curiosity.

Mackenzie: OH... what's that?

Gustav: The people who practice working with animals that have died of natural causes, much like taxidermy. Sometimes I enhance the appearance of pieces; including dying, crystallization, diaphonization and the such. I often form them into art pieces or even jewelry.

I pointed to my necklace as an example. She rubbed her chin.

Mackenzie: Oh! That's actually kinda cool!

Gustav:... How about you?

Mackenzie: Huh?

Gustav: Do you have any talents or hobbies? Any dreams for the future, perhaps?