Epilogue

So he died, huh... that Sassin vi Zeyern...

A tanned man in a black robe sat on a chair, crossing his arms and resting his feet on the table. Every aristocrat around that table glared at him as he spoke.

"Listen, insolent people! Now that thy former king hast died, I, the greatest magician, shalt take the throne!"

"..."

He smirked. "Any objection?"

Even if they hated it, no one would dare to oppose someone powerful like him. They had no choice but to lower their heads and shut their mouths.

That was the case until a white-haired lady kicked the door open as she carried a child.

"I object..! I, Queen Felia, and my son will continue to lead this country!"

"Hm... Thou art the former queen. Then, I object thy objection. How could a traitor like thee lead the country, especially after what thou hast done to the king?"

"That's..."

"We're done here. I shall head back to my room."

This so-called 'the greatest magician' walked away just like that. So, everyone in the room released their complaints the moment he stepped out of the meeting room.

However, the former queen was hard-headed...

Not bothering to stop walking, he told her, "thou art an outsider now. Please stop tailing me."

"No! I must continue Sass's legacy and make his dream come true! In that way, I could pay him for my sins..."

"Hm... May I ask thee?" He finally halted and faced her. "Why didst thou stab Sassin vi Zeyern?"

She tightened her hug on her child.
"I was threatened by my doctor-- the one responsible for my labor. So for the sake of my baby, I tried to kill Sass..."

The man could see no lies in her eyes... only regrets.

But, wow. Perhaps, a big person paid or threatened the doctor to threaten Queen Felia so she could kill the king. 'Tis a domino effect of betrayal.

He could only sigh and say, "ha... humans."

"Won't you... grant my request?"

"... Request, huh?"

"I'm begging you..." She knelt in front of that man.

"Hm... Fine. Thou and thy son shalt be my aide. I still can't let thee take the throne. Instead, I shalt make the former king's dreams come true... What dost thou say?"

"I-It's... fine, I guess?"

This man was trapped in one of the palace's rooms. There were magic barriers so being the greatest magician was useless. Only until..., someone with bleeding eyes opened that room's door.

Although an accident, he made him free! It was just right to grant the King a wish. But now that he's gone, learning about his plans made him want to be of help.

So, he already planned to help the former queen from the start. Her determination was the only thing he was waiting for. To throw away her pride like that, she must have mustered a lot of courage.

"I appoint thee to write a book."

"Book..?"

"Starting from the tale of King Sassin vi Zeyern. I want to pass it on to the next generation so they couldst learn from thy experience."

"... Why?"

"Well... I owe my freedom to thy husband but he died because of naivety. People shalt learn when and when not to trust others."

This man and Sass weren't even related.. but all his actions were for the former king.

"I never die, Former Queen Felia, so I vow to watch over thy successors until the end."

"What kind of a magician are you..?"

"I ain't a magician... I am known as Goddess Theia, the goddess of sight and vision."

"... But you're a man!"

"Well, insolent people believed female is my sex. In reality, I am not. It shouldst be God Theia."

"A God..."

Ever since that day, Theia and Felia worked together to achieve King Sassin vi Zeyern's dream. The kingdom of Alguna gradually took its steps to reach modernization where the Zeyerns could live a normal life.

"And that's the end!"

"Ehhh..?!" The children whined.

"Shh! If you want more, I can read the book written by your great-grandmother."

"There's another?!" They shouted in excitement.

"Yes! Although I don't have the other books, I still have a copy of 'Extinguished with Cry'."

"Where did you get that, Mom?" One of them asked.

She smiled.
"From your Grandfather Kyou."

"Oooh!"

"After this, his wife has written its sequel."

"Grandma Myle's?!"

"Yes! So sleep now, little kids. Tomorrow, I'll read those books to you."

"Yes, mom!"

The three children slept together like cute little puppies. Their mother watched over them and still couldn't get enough of their cuteness.

"Kyla, your husband?"

She turned to that voice at the door.
"... Mom!"

"Kyou was looking for him." Her mother, Myle, scratched the back of her head. "He hasn't come home yet?"

"A-Ah, yes. He messaged me that he'll be late."

"Oh..."

"Why, Mom?"

"It's Kou's birthday tomorrow. He needs help in canvassing a cake."

She gasped. "I forgot!"

Now, Kyla had to buy a gift before visiting his younger brother tomorrow. However, it also came to her mind that buying last minute would be stressful.

"I-I'll tag along with Dad!"

Myle smiled. "Then, I'll stay here with the kids."

"Thanks, Mom!"

After a few minutes, their most awaited knock has come. Kyla's husband had returned. They could finally look for a cake and a present.

The next day, the kids, parents, and grandparents were all dressed up, ready to celebrate Kou's birthday.

A memorable day when all of them were together, holding each other's hands, having a beautiful family picture.

Now for opening Kou's birthday present...

"A-A DIGITAL CAMERA!" He almost jumped out of joy. "I've been dreaming of this! Wait... Big Sis, did you..."

"A-Ahahah... Sorry, I read your mind." She winked, sticking out her tongue.

"Well, you bought me something nice. It's all good now." Kou grinned.

Despite the challenges that stood in Myle and Kyou's way before, they still believed in this moment wherein everyone was smiling together. It could be the definition of living happily ever after.

They even had a son and daughter with grandchildren. Moreover, the one who inherited Kyou's ability was her daughter Kyla Zeyern...

The first female mindreader of the Zeyern Family.

The End