Chapter 4: Secrets

Myle's POV

'What should I do..?'

This question has been on my mind ever since that young woman started to walk toward us. Based on my observation, she must be Kyou's relative.

No matter what I do, there will still be misunderstandings... But Kyou's condition is more important.
What should I do..?

While in deep thoughts, I didn't notice Kyou staring at me without his eyeglasses.

"Miss Arjera. Stop overthinking. It's bad for your health."

"What you're doing is worse for your condition than my health! Wear your eyeglasses back!" Oh... I snapped. I'm almost like a nagging mother. I'm sorry...

"I feel comfortable having someone who cares for me and I'm thankful for that... This time, please let me worry for you, Miss Arjera." Kyou wore his eyeglasses back.

His calming smile, somehow, made me remember the goal that I had to let go before...

Back when I was in middle school, people were amazed at my achievements. It feels good to hear their praises. However, what my childish past self wanted was that for someone to at least notice my condition...

I realized that my wish only shows my discontent. Every people have their own difficulties. I just realized that time.

For that reason, I went back to pressuring myself to earn their praises through hard work. Also, that was the time that I stopped expecting many things.

I believed that someday, what I yearned for will unexpectedly come.

I smiled back at Kyou. He must've noticed my problem because of his eyes. Still, I'm grateful no matter what the reason is.

"Ha... So, what do you want to do?" I asked.

"I guess my sister already knew that my eyes bled." So she's his sister...

"I'll explain everything to her. She will believe us. Just expect to hear some teases."

"I see... You trust each other, huh..."

"Well, she's the only one who knows my condition."

"Oh..." Every time I reacted, Kyou would look at me as if he wanted to ask something.

"What is it?"

"A-ahahah... Miss Arjera, are you not used to someone solving your problems?" So that's what this is all about...

As I thought, he forced himself... Kyou's reaction when he saw her and his decision doesn't make sense. He's still hiding something... Anyway, I shouldn't pry into his life anymore. After all, we have only known each other for 2 weeks...

"Well... It's just..." I hesitated for a second.

"I've been beating my mind with choices and you unexpectedly... solved it for me. Thanks anyway..."

He smiled. "You're welcome, Miss Arjera."

"Your girlfriend?" I turned around and saw Kyou's sister leaning on the opened sliding window. She was smirking. Well... As he said, expect to hear some teases.

I bowed. "Good afternoon..."

"Hm?... Ah! You're that lonely kitten!" She suddenly pointed at me.

Lonely kitten..? Kyou also tilted his head since we had no idea what she's talking about.

"You know! That event at night! I forgot what do you call that... Er..."

"JS... Prom..?"

"Ah, yeah! That! I had a part-time job there! I was the waitress..." She continued to talk...

I couldn't recall every event there... But I guess it's not a bad experience...

"Nothing special? I guess academics and praises are the only appreciated for top students." I flinched.

Those words flashed back to me. Why did I need to remember that now..?

"... And so, that's what happened." When I came back to my senses, I didn't realize that Kyou was already done explaining.

"With that said, I'll come home after resting for a bit. I can't let them notice the red mark left in my eyes."

"Red mark..?" I suddenly asked out of curiosity.

"Yeah, it's where the blood came out... By the way, it's time for you to leave, big sis."

"Alright, alright! I'm sorry, Miss. Ar.je.ra." ...she winked then left.

My face flushed red after she weirdly said Miss Arjera. On top of that, it reminds me of how Kyou would always call me.

A-anyway! Why did she apologize..?
Ah! I forgot to let her in!

"Don't mind her, Miss Arjera. More importantly, your expression darkened... so I tried to explain everything as fast as I can."

"You... didn't read my mind, right?"

"Yeah, I didn't..."

I smiled. "Don't worry. I just remembered some things..." But seriously... what's with this day..?

"I see..."

Based on his expression, it looks like he wanted to ask more but couldn't, because... he's also hiding something.

"I guess, it's time for you to go back."

"A-ah. Miss Arjera, may I borrow your shades over there?"

"Oh. Hm... Alright." I'll just ask dad later for permission.

He wore the shades and stepped out of our house. For a second, he looked back with a worried expression so I texted him.

'Is there something wrong?'

It slightly irritated me that I got no reply.

Ever since that day, things had become awkward between us...