Chapter 13: Excuse

Myle's POV

My arms were wide opened, blocking my brother's sight. "You haven't finished this explosive movie?"

"It's alright, alright? I'm also done with the chores. Just let me- AH!" I grabbed the remote then pressed the power button.

Hard-working with a laidback attitude... and a complete opposite of me. I disliked him for the acknowledgments that he got, reaching the point of copying him.

Well, that was all in the past. You could say that we're on good terms now. I was just childish back then... Or probably, that's my excuse...

"And then, what are you doing here?" I diverted my attention to the man beside me.

"I wonder, Miss Arjera?"

"I swear... what did Zou tell you?" I sighed.

Their family never failed to give me headaches. Kyou visited our house right after I got home. I couldn't tell what's running inside his head.

First, he approached me despite the danger. What if I was untrustworthy? What if I also hurt them? Even with his ability, he still needs to be cautious.

And now, we agreed to keep some distance but still visited after what happened about 6 hours ago. I couldn't believe that I dealt with an arsonist...

"Kyou, you're aware that she lives nearby, right?" I whispered.

"Her class ends at 5:30 pm. Also, she can't travel that fast." He'd got a point but I wondered how did he know that?

"So Brother Arjera, may I borrow your sister?"

"You've done it before so no problem." He snatched the remote from me then pressed the power button.

"AH! You're abandoning me just to watch that movie!"

"False accusations!" He pointed a finger at me. "Kyou, take this woman away!"

"No!!"

And so, I got dragged to the mall.

"Kyouuu!" My hands tried to reach his back like a zombie.

"Yes?"

"What if someone from school sees us?" I whispered while panting from a distance.

I knew it was too risky. If ever they realized our lies, something worse might happen to Zeyern. It would be my fault for messing with Ma'am Carsel..!

"Just relax, Miss Arjera. Here, ice cream." He was holding two. It reminded me of our first hangout.

"Since when-?"

"While you're in deep thoughts."

"I-I see... Thanks."

We ate it quickly as usual. I'd been curious about what Zou told him so I asked. The answer that I got was:

"He explained in detail your interaction with Kana Rinsel. You've been pushing yourself too hard. I thought that hanging out again might calm you so I invited you."

I wanted to lie on the floor since I was tired of everything. I was the one who's always being helped. I guessed I should've done more.

"Do you want to cry?"

"I want but not in front of you," I replied. "Come on, there's a game house! We should at least enjoy, right?"

"Well, that's our purpose here so why not?"