Chapter 5: Reply

Myle's POV

Still no reply...

"That Kyou... Shall I kick him?" I glared at Lev who noticed that I was lost in thought a few minutes ago.

"Arrrgh! Stop with Kyou that, Kyou him, Kyou there! If you're that bothered, just stop avoiding him! Just say 'Hi' to end this nonsense conversation." His unusual irritation made me blinked twice.

I gulped. "A-alright, alright! Come with me!" I pulled his arm for him to accompany me outside the classroom to greet Kyou.

"M-me?! Why should I..?"

"Your tip, your responsibility. Plus... The atmosphere is pretty awkward..."

"Fine fine..."

I could feel my conscience as I drag Lev into this mess. Maybe he should stay here after all... still, I'm kinda scared...

"Scared of what, Miss Arjera..?" After being in deep thoughts, Kyou was already in front of me, smiling without his... glasses.

"Ggg-" I pulled the handkerchief out of my pocket

"-gosh!" then threw it directly through his face just like a baseball player.

"Striiike!" Oops. It just suddenly came out of my mouth.

"M-miss Arjera..?"

I went near him then shoved my handkerchief to his face.

"I-I mean... Shh..! Your eyes are bleeding again!"

"What are you... doing?" Lev stared at us looking so confused.

"O-oh. Just harassing- I mean, Hairstyling! Yes!"

I was covering his red mark. To put up with my obvious lie, I brushed his short hair but my fingers kept on slipping. Just what was the brand of his conditioner?

"Oh, hairstyling. Perhaps, I can join you?" Eek. This smile...

"E-eh?! I mean... Y-yeah."

Lev was turning into Kyou! Maybe he's still mad about what happened earlier..? Or he just saw through my lie..?

"Miss Arjera, I can just close my eyes. Just whisper to me next time."

"O-oh, right... Ahahah... Sorry, reflex." I wiped the blood off his face then went behind him.

"Miss Arjera, I think Lev was staring at us suspiciously."

Since his eyes were closed, it's probably simply his instinct. "It's alright..." I brushed his hair for the last time.

"Hey... What's with the shades you're holding?" Shades? Oh...

When I tried to look down, I saw my dad's shades on Kyou's left hand.

"Kyou, Kyou! Wear this." I flicked his left hand.

He peeked and realized that he was holding something.

"Er... Supposedly, I will give this back but... may I borrow this again?"

"Y-yeah..." Uhm... I forgot to tell dad that I lent his shades to Kyou.

The sound of his shoes clicking caught my attention. When I looked behind me, Lev stopped walking.

"Myle, when did you give him your shades?"

"It's my dad's. Anyway, Lev, sorry for dragging you."

"A-ah, no. It's alright..." Yosh! Smooth change of topics!

"... But letting a man stay when your parents were not home is not." How did he..?!

It's a good thing that he tried to lower his voice to protect our dignity but it feels like Lev was getting darker and darker these days.

"Come on, we have great neighbors. I'm also ready to smack Kyou if he ever tried to do something awful. I could just shout then spray the alcohol on his eyes."

"Hearing your precautions, it looks like you don't trust me that much."

"Yeah, I don't." My conscience hit me hard as Kyou looked away. "Gosh! Did you two switched bodies or something..? Alright, I'm sorry..."

"Are you stressed, Miss Arjera?" He wore the shades and his irritating smile was back.

"I'm... not sure about that."

Maybe I am...

The calmness that Kyou said was gone and I kept on worrying about small details. Sometimes, I even forget to focus on my goal. Problems kept on stocking up ever since I met him. But somehow, I started to express my feelings more and it's a breath of fresh air... compared to focusing on my stressful goal.

"By the way, Miss Arjera, sorry for not replying... I ran out of load..."

Gosh... So he ran out of load! Myle Arjera, what an overthinker!

"So please don't avoid me..."

"I'm sorry..."

I had this feeling that he read my mind because I avoided him. That's why his eyes bled...
It's my fault...

Someday...
What if I become the reason for his blindness..?

"Miss Arjera." I suddenly felt that someone grabbed my arm. "Stop overthinking."

Ahh... I forgot that even without mind-reading, there are still ways to understand one's situation.

"Pfft... You look so cool for a second, especially with that shades."

"Ahahahah! Shall I wear it every day?"

"Gosh... It's my dad's, remember?"

We're both back to normal. We kept on laughing until I realized that Lev was just in front of us.

"A-anyway... Kyou, I need to go somewhere with Lev. You can manage, right?" He nodded as a reply.

I left with Lev and our destination was the canteen as usual. I plan on buying him a shake as a thanks and apology. I also need to ask if he saw through Kyou's secrets...

The line as long as the roller coaster didn't even move an inch. So basically, it's a broken roller coaster. Yes. The customers were suffering in the ride as well as the customers in the line.

"Maybe, I'll die from heatstroke. Myle, just feed me when I die..."

"Oh my... What if I also die?"

"Then, it's a tie." Gosh. I wanna go back.

"Anyway, Lev, did you see something before I cover- I mean style Kyou's hair?"

"Hm... The shades?"

"Er... Yeah! It's so nice, right? It's my dad's." I don't know but using dad's shades was my greatest piece in changing topics.

"Yes, but I also noticed that... maybe you two were... hiding something?" Never mind dad's shades. Lev was so sharp.

"Kyou's secret... is very important. However, you're trustworthy so... I believe that he will also trust you and tell you someday... because I trust both of you."

"I see... It's alright. I, at least, thank you for explaining."

My phone suddenly flashed. When I checked it, there was already a reply.

'I'll tell you later, Miss Arjera.'