Chapter 21: Trust

Myle's POV

Fairy tales are indeed fairy tales. None of those will happen. Plus, the characters there were all idiots. For instance, the death of Snow White. If she only refused the apple of the evil queen, she wouldn't have died.

Accepting things from a stranger, I don't know if she's kind-hearted, naive, or just dumb. She trusts people so easily. Imagine if the prince charming didn't kiss him, she'd just stay in her eternal slumber.

Seriously... How idiotic...

Or I should say that's my perspective when I started high school. However, it had changed ever since that day.

"Can I stay at your home?" asked the man who just got his eyes bled.

Focused on looking for my handkerchief, I didn't get the chance to answer him. In the end, I let him invade our house, even without my parents.

A man and a woman should not be alone on the same roof, especially when they didn't know each other that much. However, my heart made an exception that time... As if he became close to me already.

Trusting that man, there's a blurry feeling that I met him before. He's also always in my dreams. Am I being obsessed?!

Oh, wait. Speaking of dreams, Lev's words were something I'm bothered about, right now.

"I remember now! He was there on the JS Prom! ... Kyou Zeyern!" he said.

Well, even if he's there, I don't remember interacting with him. Er... Yeah, I don't... probably?

We're still at Vande's Restaurant. All of us went back to the fourth floor after the twins captured the suspicious man.

When Kyou suddenly removed his eyeglasses, I dragged him to the stairs where no one could see nor hear us.
"What are you doing?" I asked.

"What am I . . . You mean when I used my ability?"

"That's right, you wouldn't want your eye to bleed, right?" Rather than being worried, I was curious.

The first time our eyes met, he didn't have his glasses. In Kyou and Lev's first staring contest, he also removed it. Oh, plus when I introduced him to Ali Linden, the day his eyes bled.

No matter where you look, the similarities in those events were the "first time". When he finally answered me, it felt like my heart was chained again.

He said that mind-reading became his habit before trusting someone. Because of that, my mind had been filled with questions:

'What if he loses his ability? Will he still trust me?'

'What if he found someone greater? Can I still stay by his side?'

'What if he doesn't have that ability? Will I even meet him?'

'What if that blurry memory . . . happen again?'

Having those fears, I just replied, "If that's how you trusted me.., then it's fine."

Turning around to hide my teary eyes, Kyou was about to say something but he hesitated. Looking back, I tried to smile and apologized for making him read my thoughts earlier.

Why am I being emotional, anyway?

Returning to the table, I used both my fist as I alternately whacked my head. At that moment, Lev approached me but his voice was just like a wind. Being in deep thoughts, I went past him.