Chapter 7: Kyou Zeyern Part 2

Kyou's POV

An intense stare of her could be seen even through the foggy frame of my eyeglasses. Instead of looking away, she almost made me took off my glasses in public... which was my first time. Still, I resisted my curiosity.

Well...
"She'll yell at me again..." I warned myself.

I turned my back and sat on a chair. After I took a sip of coffee, I placed the mug on the table then waited... for this big sis of mine.

Every corner, edge, line, dust, molecule, and atom of this house, I already explored them. The noise? It was only my footsteps. I didn't even need to wear my glasses... since there were no minds to read.

As the sky darkened, my expression shined brightest. I stepped out to sightsee and, as usual, to have a nice chat with Miss Arjera.

At first, she had no interest in my secret. However, when I tried to dig into her thoughts, words of regret came to my mind. I was worried that she'd think of it too deeply so I gave her some proof.

Somehow, we became close and started to often walk home together. I even discovered Miss Arjera's admirer. She nearly thought of the boy's love because of Lev's stare, albeit deadly.

He's a good creature based on his thoughts. I didn't want to reach the point that I'd use my ability in some unjust ways. That's why I'd just avoid fighting him.

Diverting my attention to Miss Arjera, I was stunned by her amazing thoughts. She denied her thoughts that we're handsome but accepted that we're her type.

I teased her when I read the thought of thinking about her love life in the future.

Then, she complained also through her thoughts. 'Oi stop reading my mind.'

So, I apologized. When I glanced at Lev, my eyes widened and my hands unconsciously covered my mouth.

'Why is this man apologizing??' This thought of Lev made me realized that- Oops- I forgot to wear my eyeglasses back.

At that moment, my eyes already ached a little. I guessed... I got carried away.

On my way to the canteen, I overheard a conversation involving the name 'Myle'. I hid and peeked behind a wall. Their voices were too unclear for me to understand so I removed my eyeglasses. Mind-reading was pretty handy.

'...Then, it's decided. Classes tomorrow will be canceled so come as early as 7 am!'

That's... what our adviser said. Well, I didn't mean to spy... But I guess, you could say that I took advantage of that.

"Did you... ever get drunk?" I asked as we're on our way home. I couldn't help it. Her glares reminded me of someone.

Her eyes narrowed. "Out of nowhere..?"

"Well," I scratched my head. "Never mind..."

After so many steps, I just noticed to my right that her head was tilted. Her eyes were also glancing at me. She's worried, I guess...

"Miss Arjera, I think... even if I become blind, I'll still remember your beauty."

She just stared at me, probably wondered why I suddenly said that or maybe thought of that as a tease. Although it was, it still had some facts... like remembering her inner and outer beauty... and becoming blind.