✴Chapter 30✴

"I loved you the same way that I learned to ride a bike: scared, but reckless with no training wheels or elbow pads so my scars can tell the story of how I fell for you"

--Rudy Francisco

✴✴✴

     "Well, wait no more, princess," Katsuki felt his mate before he heard his voice. His head snapped up, pride filling his senses. Of course his omega came for him. "I thought it would be harder. I overestimated everything. No guards. No maids. No servants. Nothing."

     Izuku stepped over to them, pushing the key into the key hole. Once he got the cell open, he moved onto the individual shackles. Starting with Katsuki of course. 

     As Katsuki rubbed his sore wrists, the other Todoroki family members followed suit.

     "Dragon chains," Izuku mumbled under his breath. "A waste of expensive material."

     Izuku rushed out of the cell, ignoring Katsuki's surprised face. He had at least expected an embrace or an, "Are you alright?" from his mate. What was going on? Was he angry with him? He knew that, yes, Katsuki had twisted his trust, but it was because he didn't want Izuku getting hurt. Was that so wrong? It wasn't that Katsuki didn't think he was capable. The poor omega had already gone through so much, he didn't want him to be put into that position again.

     "Let's go," Izuku said curtly, not sparing any of them a glance. "This place brings back memories I don't want to remember."

     He called for Hanta, who had been guarding the prison and awaiting Izuku's return. Izuku nodded to him, and they exchanged silenced words. Katsuki was growing more confused by the minute. 

     However, Hanta shook his head after a second. "Extraction. That's it, Your Majesty. You are in no condition to be fighting him at this time. It was dangerous enough as it is already for you to be here," he said, sounding firm. 

     "But this is a key opportunity," Izuku argued, brows furrowing. 

     "Not only is this a bad plan for you, but also for His Majesty. He is in no condition to fight alongside you," Hanta retorted quickly. 

     Katsuki saw Izuku give him a small glance, and his eyes softened for a moment. 

     "Fine, General," Izuku eventually gave in, quickening his pace. 

     Hanta stood guard next to him, and Katsuki was stuck in the back with the other Todoroki members that were following them. 

     Fuyumi sighed sadly, catching the attention of the alpha blonde. 

     "He knows these halls well," she said, watching with dazed eyes at the empty hallways filled with broken furniture and ripped portraits. "Avoiding my brother was something he tried very hard to do. Even though I've lived in this castle for years, I don't know this wing very well. It was always Shoto's."

     Katsuki only nodded, finally grasping how hard it must've been for his mate to be here. He sighed, wanting to go to him, but knowing he would be told off. He knew Izuku well enough to know to back off a little when he was angry. 

     They reached a corner with a ripped portrait. It was of Shoto, standing tall and menacing. Behind him, was the previous king, Enji Todoroki. He had a hand on his son's shoulder, and something like pride shined in his eyes. Katsuki recognized this portrait. It was the one that he always saw before going to the Winter Ball hosted here. As they turned, they were met with a brown door--old and wooden.