✴Chapter 32✴

"And in real life endings aren't always neat, whether they're happy endings, or whether they're sad endings"

--Stephen King 

✴✴✴

     Izuku rushed towards where the camp members screamed to get out of the way. A feral alpha was a force to be reckoned with, and even Izuku understood their fear. Katsuki's eyes were dilated completely, no source of red respite. Claws and fangs elongated, and venom seethed through them. 

     There, on the other side, stood Shoto Todoroki. Where--or rather why--was this even a problem in the first place? It all started with Ichiban trying to avoid war with a very powerful kingdom, Jotai. Now, Jotai was near nothing. Just a fancy castle. The only reason Izuku and Katsuki didn't return yet was the threat of previously-loyal knights. Yet even that was a debatable discussion. And what of Jotai's allies? All gone. All the powerful kingdoms that served to make Jotai an empire have all turned sides towards the more powerful opponent. Ichiban.

     What was Shoto's deal?

     Now, he was crazed. A psychotic figure with nothing but obsession in his mind. Next to the shaking figure was a bloodied Natsuo, and a tied up Touya. Both of them not looking well. Izuku wondered where the Rei was. Shoto, too, seemed to be in a feral state, but he was weaker. He was shaking with fatigue, dark circles under his eyes and bloodied lips. 

     If Katsuki were in peak condition, it was an unfair fight with Shoto being so ill...But the two were both weakened by their days. And two feral alphas? Izuku sighed tiredly. He knew he couldn't do anything in this instance without getting ripped to shreds by one of them. He could try to approach Katsuki to clam him down, but Shoto would then have an advantage. He wouldn't approach Shoto at all, but helping Katsuki kill Shoto would not be wise. 

     However, his skin burned suddenly, and he looked at his clothing, which had been covered with the tea. He was surprised to see that the clothing had been eroded away, and the liquid was now burning his skin. Izuku whipped his head back towards his tent, spotting Itsuka standing there. 

     Conflicted on what he thought and what he should do, he watched as Katsuki and Shoto were now fully attacking each other. He sighed before looking back towards the camp. 

     "Kirishima," Izuku said, and the alpha's entire attention casted onto the omega. "Get the camp members to their tents. No harm will come to them if they remain there. And tell the other knights to seize Itsuka Kendo. Protect the princess. I'll watch the alphas."

     Eijiro bowed at the waist, showing his respect in the time of chaos. "Yes, Your Majesty!" he shouted before running off to  do what he was commanded to do, but not before tossing him his sword and shooting him a wink. "Don't fight unless it's necessary!" he yelled as he dashed off, his words sounding farther away. 

     Not being able to do much then, he watched as the two alphas went for each other's throats, and when Katsuki finally seemed to overpower the other in a matter of seconds, Izuku found his opening. He saw the way Katsuki's eyes widened from a sobered-up Shoto, a sickening grin placed on his lips, and he saw the blonde hesitate before striking.

     He ran swiftly, unsheathing Eijiro's given sword and stabbing it through the half white, half red-haired alpha. An alpha. A brother. A son. An assaulter. A killer. A psychopath. Whatever tension or closure all of them needed.

     A spout of blood erupted from Shoto's mouth, and a smile still laid there. He struggled to breathe before he whispered something incoherent. Izuku looked away, but only slightly.

     "Damn," Katsuki remarked, wiping the blood gathering from his forehead. "No hesitation, Omega?"

     "Oh, I'm not just any omega, Alpha," Izuku said, smiling a wary smile. The two of them completely ignoring the dead king in front of them. "I'm Katsuki Bakugou's omega."

     A swell of pride enveloped Katsuki's chest. "Oh?" he said, a smirk gracing his handsome features. "How lucky you must be."

     Someone cleared their throat loudly from behind them. 

     "So..." Ai said, shifting her glasses slightly. "Should I check the Todoroki brothers for wounds and you as well, Your Majesties?"

✴✴✴

     "The kingdom is rebuilt and better than ever, Your Majesty!" Tenya Iida said loudly, proudly bowing his head and retelling his information. "Only a year has passed, and this empire is breaking history records! It is most prosperous!"

     Katsuki Bakugou sighed contently. "Yes, thank you, Iida. Is that all for the report?" Tenya smiled gently at his king's obvious state of mind. His mind was elsewhere, and Tenya knew where it was almost right away. 

     He smiled. "No! I have many reports on the individual communities, yet none of them are completely urgent as of the moment. So, Emperor Bakugou, I think it's best if we postpone this meeting until later."

     Katsuki's red eyes narrowed at the blue-eyed advisor, and he spared him a small, grateful smile. "Yes, thank you once again," he said, and added as a last minute thought. "And how many times must I tell you to drop the title?"

     Tenya's gaze was filled with pride. "I honor myself for serving you, Emperor Bakugou. But if you insist, I am satiated with 'Your Highness'."

     The blonde sighed as he realized that the title would remain nonetheless with Tenya. He shook his head lightly with a smile, getting up and walking towards the doorway. "Oh, do make sure to contact my father. He needs to see his grandson sometime around."

     Masaru, after what was called 'The Mirai War', almost immediately was fed up with his politics and practically fled towards a vacation villa in the farthest edges of Ichiban. However, he stayed in contact with the new couple on the throne, but he was still unaware of the birth of his grandson. 

     As Katsuki walked down the rows of hallways, he was greeted happily by servants and maids, waving or bowing politely. He knew it was mostly because of their appreciation for Izuku, but he took their delighted greetings in stride. 

     When he reached their chambers, he straightened himself. A small knock on the door (though yes, it was his room) and a hum of approval, and Katsuki was inside the room, smelling the milky scent of a young pup. 

     Immediately, Katsuki was calmer, less stressed in whatever ways. He breathed the scent of his mate and child, humming with happiness. 

     "Oh, Kacchan," Izuku greeted, and Katsuki preened at his mate's soft voice. "Did the meeting with Iida go well?"

     The alpha could only nod, wanting to be whisked away by his mate. He hugged him from behind, eliciting a surprised yelp. In his arms, lied the wondrous baby boy. His eyes were a dark green, darker than Izuku's, and his hair was almost the same shade of Katsuki's ash blonde's. The boy was a perfect combination of the two, and his parents could not feel any more joyful. 

     "He yawned earlier," Izuku cooed. "He looked a lot like you did as a kid when he closes his eyes."

     "I thought he looked a lot more like you," Katsuki admitted, peering at him from over Izuku's shoulder. 

     "No, he looks just like you, Kacchan," Izuku said, voice breathy. "I think that's why I love him even more."

     The blonde shook his head. "You would love the little brat if he looked like a dwarf."

     Izuku finally met a familiar set of carmine eyes. "You would, too."

     Katsuki grunted, and though it wasn't an answer, Izuku knew what the alpha was communicating. 

     Izuku sighed contently. "I love you, Kacchan."

     This time, not a grunt, but a reply. 

     "I love you, too, Izuku."