✴Chapter 22✴

"If you can't change it, change your attitude"

--Maya Angelou

✴✴✴

      "Congratulations on the coronation, Your Majesty the King," the man said, his chocolate brown hair and matching eyes giving a sense of familiarity. "I would like to present my gift to you--ah, but where are my manners? I am the First Prince of the Kingdom of Uwaki--otherwise known as Prince Heikin."

     Both Katsuki and Izuku seemed to freeze in their places. The first prince of Uwaki? A relation to Ochaco?

     Katsuki spared a small glance in Izuku's direction, and he was surprised when the emerald orbs--rather than fear or anxiety, though some of that was present, too--held concern for him. It was saying the unspoken words that he was trying to pass: 'Are you okay?' Usually, Katsuki would respond harshly to pity, or being looked down upon, however, he had realized over the many years that the two had been together that Izuku had never thought of him as under. 

     So, Katsuki gave a small nod, a forced grin playing on his lips. 

     "Hah?" he said, trying to sound cocky and bold. "So what's the gift, Prince?"

     Heikin Uraraka, seeming shocked from the lack of fear, bowed further as he licked his lips. "Ah, I have brought upon you the corpse of my relative," he said loudly, making the crowd grow quiet and the music died down.

     Katsuki felt the royals' eyes on them, whispers and murmurs following soon after the declaration. Heikin lifted his head, grinning psychotically, his eyes shining with an unknown danger. His pheromones were little, but powerful--as if he was holding it purposefully back.

     He's an alpha, that was for sure, and because of Uwaki's royal class system, neither Katsuki nor Izuku knew what he had done to become the first prince--the one receiving the title as king next.

     Katsuki sighed. This is what he hated about being royalty. The rumors and reputation--the etiquette and the classes. Still, his grin never faltered. 

     "Show it to me," Katsuki declared, his dominating pheromones spreading throughout the hall, and the crowd once again ignited with chatter.

     "Gladly, Your Highness," Heikin replied, bowing once again and calling over his servants to bring in the corpse. 

     Why, other than the fact that bringing a corpse was disgusting, was this such a big deal? Obviously, to Izuku and Katsuki, it was the fact that they anticipated a certain relative--Ochaco Uraraka. However, bringing in a corpse at a coronation ball also instructed a few other things. 

     It showed that the kingdom bringing the cadaver supposedly might have felt threatened and brought it to show their power. It was a way to undermine the newly crowed queen or king. 

     On the other hand, it could also mean that the other kingdom finally recognized the new king or queen as a significant power. It was used as a way to pucker up, trying to get a good reputation for the new significance. 

     It was difficult to tell the two apart, however, Katsuki guessed it was the latter. The Uwaki Kingdom just faced a major blow, seeing as Katsuki denied the marriage alliance. Now war was declared on Uwaki's side, so it seemed that they were trying to win over his favor once again by showing him the corpse of a certain odious lady.

     As the servants entered with a tomb, having Heikin in the lead, both Katsuki and Izuku noticed a few things. The corpse's tomb was ugly, a dark brown with black engravings. It was simple as well, showing that the royal family of Uwaki wanted nothing to do with her. 

     "The corpse of my sixth sister, Ochaco Uraraka," Heikin declared, signaling for the servants to open the tomb. 

     The whole room was tense in anticipation, awaiting both to see if the corpse was real, and how the new king would react to it. 

     Ochaco Uraraka was as beautiful as ever, and if not for the paleness of her skin and lifeless look in her eyes, Katsuki would've thought that she was alive. It was tragic of course; Ochaco grew up in a life where she had to climb and scrape at whatever she could get, having so many siblings. She was unremarkable, and she needed to make herself a name. 

     Heikin, despite his seemingly playful behavior, suddenly turned serious. "We apologize for her despicable behavior to you, Your Majesty, and Your Majesty's mate. She is a disgrace to our family and our family name. In addition to this being a congratulatory gift for your coronation, please, accept this as an apology from Uwaki."

     Katsuki's eyebrows rose slightly, but other than that, there was no indication that he had heard these words. 

     "Hah," he breathed out, seemingly amused but his eyebrows knit in contradiction--not knowing what to do or say. This family was sick. They had been the ones to send her on the mission, and now they blame her for taking orders. And no matter how badly she had failed, wasn't killing her taking it to another level? "So, what? You want this to be some kind of peace treaty?"

     Heikin grit his teeth. "Yes, in a sense, King Bakugou."

     "Fine, as you wish it," Katsuki said, appearing to be satisfied, however, his pheromones said something else. "No war will wage because of your slip up."

     Heikin breathed out in relief. "Thank you, Your Majesty. I know your reign will be the best one in history as you will have the Kingdom of Uwaki on your side."

     Katsuki grinned wickedly. This was it. The Kingdom of Ichiban now finally had allies from all directions. It was perfect. During the months after Izuku and Katsuki were reunited, Katsuki not only studied harder, preparing himself to be king, but he also made more and more alliances with other kingdoms. 

     If, supposedly, now the Kingdom of Jotai wanted to wage war, there was no chance for them--it would be suicide. Their forces would be crushed in a matter of seconds. During Katsuki's father's reign, he was known to be calm and collected. Now that Katsuki, who was known to be rash and harsh, was on the throne, the other kingdoms were scared, wanting--no, needing--Ichiban to be on their side. 

     There was no way that Jotai could win this war.

     Because Ichiban now had the sheer power to become an empire.