✴Chapter 29✴

"Sometimes the most shocking surprises are also the most beautiful surprises."

--Lori Wilhite 

✴✴✴

     "I would kill you, truly," Shoto snarled, sitting on his chair and sipping his cold tea. He needed to make his tea by himself, seeing as all the servants and maids ran away. "But Izuku needs to get here."

     Katsuki shuddered, not from the cold but from his anger. He bit into his gag with his extended canines. No doubt, venom was seething through it, but Shoto didn't seem to care. He struggled against his chains, trying his absolute best to not see red. If he lost control now, he would hurt the family shaking next to him. 

     He was locked in the same cell as the other Todoroki family members. Minus the Todoroki king. He was nowhere in sight. 

     "Perhaps I overestimated on how much he loves you?" Shoto said, looking cruel. Katsuki knew that the man in front of him was only trying to get under his skin, but Katsuki couldn't help but fear if that was the actual reason. 

     It had been three days. Three days sitting in this cell with nothing but water--water that none of them thought was completely sanitary. On the plus side, Shoto had gotten tired of torturing the other after the first day--it was nothing severe, however. His attacks were weak, and Katsuki could tell that the man was tiring himself out quickly. His mind seemed to be completely elsewhere.

     His other injuries, such as his stab wound from the knife, had been patched up--much to Katsuki's surprise. Apparently, Shoto didn't want him bleeding or dying out when he still was used as a hostage.

     "Oh, stop growling," the half-white, half-red haired man said, tired of hearing the sound. "You are obviously in no condition to challenge me."

     The lunatic stood up, spreading his arms wide into the cold air--as if showing some magnificent place. "I have it all. I have everything you no longer have."

     When the man only heard more growls escaping the blonde, he growled in return, throwing himself onto the bars of the cell. "I can kill you, Katsuki Bakugou. It would be favorable to stop your piteous growling."

     Shoto walked towards the exit of the dungeon, a coy smirk on his lips. "You better hope my omega comes soon," he told, narrowing his eyes. "It would be a shame if I would have to take more of your kingdom."

     He left right after, not giving his prisoners a second glance back. 

     Rei sighed slightly in relief, and Fuyumi took out the gag as she had done since he was first put in there. 

     "Bakugou," Fuyumi called, gray eyes scanning over the disheveled-looking blonde. "Time is running out--I know that my brother was not bluffing when he threatened more battles on your kingdom. You need to get out of here."

     He glared at her. "I know that, princess. But until I can somehow get out of these--may I add, extremely heavy--chains off of me, there's not a way that's gonna happen."

     Fuyumi inspected the chains carefully, sighing. The chains were not meant for humans, rather beasts such as dragons--though, those have been long extinct. 

     She grabbed her hair in frustration, her long chains making noise. "I can't believe Shoto would do this. He never had been like this until father had..." She trailed off, gulping audibly. "We have to get you out of here. I don't think we can wait for your mate to show up."

     Katsuki sighed, everything the woman in front of him was saying were things that he was already well aware of. 

     Suddenly, all the members in the cell heard keys jingling together. Their heads snapped up towards the noise. 

     "Well, wait no more, princess."

✴✴✴

     After Izuku's very interesting conversation with the team's physician, a good night's sleep, and some fulfilling meals, he began to plan. 

      Because there was no way that he was going let Katsuki be killed at the hands of Shoto. If anyone, Katsuki would be killed by the hands of him when he brought him back and told him how stupid he was for making such rash decisions. Even so, Izuku was hellbent on getting his mate back. 

     His plan was flawed, yes. However, Izuku didn't want Katsuki to be with the crazed prince for more than a week. So, he had to conjure up some kind of plan to both rescue his mate and take down Shoto Todoroki. That, by no means, was easy. But Izuku knew he could do it. He wasn't about to be crowned queen if he wasn't prepared to be one. He took all necessary classes and etiquettes (though he ignored the etiquettes part) while Katsuki prepared to be a king. 

     Izuku mumbled tiredly, sipping his tea once every now and then while staring at the plan he had concocted. 

     Itsuka sighed heavily when she opened his tent. "Really, Izuku? We leave in five hours; get some rest."

      Izuku only hummed, subconsciously carding a hand through his green locks. 

     The maid huffed, "Izuku, sleep. Now."

     Finally seeming to recognize her presence, Izuku looked towards her. "Hmm? Sorry, I wasn't listening."

     Itsuka shook her head. "Izuku, get some rest," she chided, taking away the map from under him despite Izuku's weak protests. "We leave in five hours, and you like you haven't slept in a while."

     Izuku grumbled, annoyed. "Because when I leave, they could attack the camp. Or, they could try to take more of our kingdom. Or, Shoto will catch me when I get in there. Or, Katsuki may be..."

     Frustrated tears crept into his eyes. He sighed, blinking them away. Stupid hormones. 

     Itsuka softened her gaze slightly. Even so, she folded the map carefully, setting it down on the table once more--though it was farther away, so Izuku couldn't reach it. She gently pushed the green-haired omega into the bed. Her concern only grew when he didn't fight her for the action. 

     "You really must be tired if you aren't fighting me," she said blankly, lifting the think blanket over him. "Rest. Someone will wake you before dawn."

     "Make sure Kirishima is the one guarding the camp, okay?" Izuku mumbled, fighting off his sleep. "I'll take Sero with me, so I'll be fine. Make sure to leave Kaminari and Ashido in control of the village until I get back--"

     "They know what to do, Izuku. You've told them already...Multiple times," she added after a second. "We know that this is a hastily-drawn plan, but we also know that it's just a simple extraction mission. For now."

     Izuku made a sound of acknowledgement, but soon he fell into slumber. Itsuka let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding. 

     She wished that she didn't have to do this, but she knew that she had to. For her family. She turned away, fighting the urge. The time wasn't right.

     She walked out of the tent, the small vial still hidden in her boot.