✴Chapter 27✴

(A/N: Thank you all (and you know who you are) for pointing out the obvious errors in text. This book had been squeezed in between my finals, so the gaps are quite large. Thank you for commenting on them (nicely, I may add). I truly appreciate it; they have all (hopefully) been corrected)

"Chaos is a name for any order that produces confusion in our minds"

--George Santayana 

✴✴✴

     "I wanted you," Shoto said, tone completely serious as his sword and fighting stance never faltered. 

     That shocked Katsuki. What was he saying?

     Shoto took note of Katsuki's confused expression with a smile. 

     "I won't deny it," Shoto said, watching as more arrows fell from the sky--these ones lit with flame. It hit the bushes and greens, catching slowly. "Whatever you did to Izuku made him love you, but I know he truly loves me. I am his mate after all; we love each other."

     Katsuki scoffed, trying to keep his anxiousness hidden. He caught onto the plan Shoto had. He could feel the blood pooling in his back, and he knew that Shoto didn't intend to leave without a fight. Having been stabbed, it would almost guarantee his loss. So, gritting his teeth, he quickly pulled the knife out, aware that it would cause problems later as he tossed the sharp knife away. As Izuku had tried to do before, Katsuki wrapped his suit coat around his waist tightly, hoping that it would buy him some more time.

      "Whatever you thought you did--that wasn't love. He despises you. He will never love you--no matter what you do to me," Katsuki growled out.

     He caught on to the fire slowly growing behind him. It wouldn't take long to catch completely. He cursed. Hopefully, the guards had been able to get the villagers to safety--Izuku to safety. 

     "I doubt that," Shoto said, lunging closely and grazing Katsuki's cheek as he had been able to catch the blonde while his thoughts were trailing. 

     As the sword swung to strike his chest, Katsuki finally got a grip, blocking the blow with his own sword. 

     The two grit their teeth in concentration--both not wanting to give up in this battle. It had happened once before--in the Kingdom of Jotai. The two called upon Izuku, and Izuku had chosen--then and there. 

     It was the rematch. Though this time, it was rather violent. 

     Shoto's gaze was blinded in chaos, and Katsuki could tell. His eyes were unfocused--crazed. Katsuki had a feeling that even Shoto didn't know what he truly wanted. 

     Katsuki managed to slash a wide gash onto Shoto's right arm--his dominant arm. Shoto shouted in pain, dropping his sword onto the ground. An fire-driven arrow narrowly skimmed Katsuki's head, leaving a trail of burning hair on its path to shoot at the garden. 

     But the alpha king was too focused on lowering his sword right at the base of Shoto's neck--just enough to pierce the skin.

     Shoto stayed still, not surrendering. He felt the blade dig deeper into his neck, but his gaze was locked onto his future-killer. 

     "You won't do it," Shoto murmured, a smirk playing at his lips. "You're afraid, aren't you?"

     "Surrender. Take your troops out. Whatever war you wanted to start--it's over already," Katsuki growled out, baring his fangs and successfully marking his dominance. "I'm sparing your pathetic excuse of a life. You should be grateful."

     "Well, I suppose I am grateful," Shoto stated, looking rather sinister. "I am grateful that your sparing the life that killed your mother."

     Katsuki's iron gaze faltered for a moment, looking to be on the brink of feral. 

     It was just the moment Shoto needed. He picked up his sword next to him on the ground, clashing it against Katsuki's. The sword went flying into the ground because of Katsuki's weakened grip. 

     The fire danced around them, illuminating Katsuki's burning red eyes and Shoto's scar. Dead bodies littered the floor; blood trailing not only from them but from Katsuki and Shoto. Arrows that reached the ground spread around them, stuck in whatever place they were. 

     "That poison was only available in three kingdoms," Shoto said, bringing the sword up to Katsuki's throat. Oh how the tables have turned. "Hayai, Uwaki, and Dodo. I suppose you assumed Uwaki. 

     "All three of those kingdoms are nowhere near Jotai. It took me a while to get the materials. As royalty, we build immunity to a broad variety of poisons, seeing as if we die, the kingdom would be in an unstable position."

     Shoto smiled, looking at Katsuki with mock pity, moving his sword at the left of Katsuki's neck using his left arm--his right was currently bleeding rather badly. He fully intended to slice the stupid head right off. Unlike Katsuki, he wasn't weak, but he waited. 

     "You won't do it," Katsuki muttered, repeating what Shoto had said just a moment before. He was feeling rather tired, from the fight and the additional blood loss. His wounds were getting worse, and he knew it--they both did. "Izuku wouldn't ever come to you if you did."

     "You aren't as stupid as I originally made you out to be," Shoto said, sword still tight in his grip. It pressed into the side of his neck. "But that doesn't mean I can't mess with you for a little while."