✴Chapter 4✴

"In desperate love, we always invent the characters of our partners, demanding they be what we need of them, and then feeling devastated when they refuse to perform the role we created in the first place"

-Elizabeth Gilbert 

✴✴✴

     Izuku was given a room, probably bigger than his whole house if not more. The prince never visited him, not wanting to see him most likely. Though the size was incredulous, Izuku never felt so claustrophobic in his life.

     Izuku's wardrobe was filled to the max with silk and lace. Never had he ever wanted to burn things so much in his life. There was no such thing as simple to the prince, apparently. But Izuku almost immediately recognized the craftsmanship on the clothes. It was a famous company, making omegan clothes ever since they were depicted as a delicate being. 

     Izuku managed to find something slightly less extravagant than the others. However, it was heavy with many layers, tulle and lace. It was a light green with jewels lining the edges of the collar and sleeves. The collar was low, in the front and the back. 

     No knock was heard when Izuku was struggling to get the horribly intricate outfit on. A woman walked in, scaring the heck out of the boy. 

     "Ah," she started when she saw Izuku. "You must be the new omega."

     Her eyes were jet black, along with her hair. Her back was straight, her eyes sharp. Her hair was put in a tight bun, and she wore just enough makeup to look natural. He dress was horribly complex. It had gems and jewels shining every time she breathed, her waist being an almost impossible size. The dress seemed to weigh more than she did, but it surely didn't slow her down as she walked towards him. 

     Izuku stood still. Despite the woman's harsh tone and look, she spared him a tight smile. 

     "Omegas are only ten percent of the population, correct?" she asked, tipping her head to look in the other direction, signaling him to quickly give up on the dress and get back in his night clothes. Though, those weren't any better than the former. 

     Izuku nodded, still weary, "Yeah, I think."

     The woman seemed to hold in a laugh as she sat down on his bed, her posture absolutely perfect. Izuku scrunched his nose. 

     "Your speaking habits are quite irregular, not suited for the royal court," she said with no venom. "I am Lady Momo Yaoyorozu. I will help you in your studies and etiquette."

     She kept going, "Also, you are misguided. Maybe omegas were ten percent in Ichiban, however, it is not the case here. Omegas are even scarcer, mostly dead, killed off. Maybe half a percent of the population. And no, not half of the population- half a percent of it.

     "You are the only omega I have ever encountered," she finished, looking at Izuku with curiosity. 

     Izuku nodded, mildly confused as to why she was telling this to him. 

     She sighed softly before clapping her hands precisely. 

     No less than half a dozen maids walked in holding even more.... silk. Izuku suppressed the urge to rip out his hair. What's with the silk?!

     They neatly stood in a row, presenting him different colors with their heads downwards. 

     Momo offered a small smile again, "The prince requires you to pick a preferred color."

     Izuku shook his head, "Do you have any idea how much money you could have saved?! I already have enough clothing!"

     Momo stayed silent, and she drew a shaky breath, "I'm sorry, but that is not our concern currently." She seemed to be disgusted by her own words, and she looked like she wanted to run away. 

     Izuku shook his head again, "No, I can't. Sorry."

     Suddenly, Momo's face turned brittle, "Your people depend on this. I recommend that you choose."

     Izuku froze at that. How was he supposed to argue? So, he gulped down his disgust and he nodded. 

     "I like the red one," he said, pointing to the deep crimson. 

     The maid holding the cloth nodded, signaling her piers to go for the next items. 

     Izuku swallowed audibly. This was going to be a long time. Before he turned away, he caught a glimpse of Momo's sullen form.