"Great, those should be pretty easy, right?" Kat asked and looked at me. "Don't look at me, I have no idea." I said with a laugh and held my hands up in defense.

"Stas. Look up how to make mashed potatoes and mac and cheese." Devyn said as Stas laughed. "On it." She said and started looking it up.

We spent the next couple hours getting things ready and cooking the main meal.

We were almost done when the guys finally came home.

"Hey, sweetheart." Colby said as he came over and kissed my cheek. "Hey- did you have to show up for Thanksgiving covered in blood?" I asked and looked at his shirt.

"Things got a little messy today, sorry. I'm gonna go shower." He said then kissed me quick before turning and leaving.

"Wait, I wanna come." I said then grabbed my crutches and started to slowly follow him. "Forget those." He said then took my crutches and tossed them to the side before picking me up.

"You're gonna get blood on my outfit!" I squealed as he walked up the stairs.

"It's dry, babe. I promise it won't transfer." Colby said as he walked into our room and to the bathroom.

He sat me down on the counter then started to get undressed.

"So, uh...I have a question." I said and picked at my nails. "Everything okay?" Colby asked and turned the shower on.

"Yeah. The girls were just...well they were talking about a ball of some sort. I wondered if you knew anything about it." I mumbled and looked down.

"Why are you nervous?" Colby asked and came over to me, putting his fingers under my chin and lifting so I would look at him.

"I don't want to get the girls in trouble." I said quietly. "You won't, Jules. I already kinda told you about it." He said as I scrunched my brow.

"Remember that event I told you about? The one you might come with me for?" He reminded. "It's a ball?" I asked as he nodded.

"Yeah, a Christmas ball." He said and brushed my hair behind my ear. "I didn't know if I wanted to bring you but I decided it would be better than leaving you here." He said then turned to finish getting undressed.

"I can keep an eye on you if you're with me." He said then winked and got in the shower.

"So I get to wear a big fancy ball gown?" I asked as he chuckled. "I'm gonna take you shopping and whatever you want, I'll get." He said causing me to grin.

"Thanks, sugar daddy." I said as he opened the shower door and looked at me. "Drop the sugar and I'll pull you into this shower right now." He said lowly.

"No can do. I already got ready for the day." I said with a grin.

"Mhm." Colby mumbled then closed the door again.

We talked about his day at work while he showered. It felt good to be able to catch up with him before we went downstairs with everyone.

"What shirt?" Colby asked and held up two shirts. Both had velvet details on them but one shirt was all black and the other was a dark purple.

"I like the purple." I said as he nodded. "I never wear colors." He said and put it on. "Yeah, I like the all black look you have going on most of the time." I said with a smile then hopped off of the counter, landing on my good foot.

"Woah! Can you chill with that?" Colby asked with wide eyes. "What?" I asked with confusion.

"You can't be hopping around and shit. You need to get that cast off." He said and pointed to my boot.

"It's fine, Colby. I'm getting it off hopefully next week." I said as he put his belt on.

"Are you excited for it?" He asked then came over and lifted me up so he could bring me downstairs.

"Yes. I can't wait to walk and not have to have those stupid crutches." I said with a sigh. "I can't wait to take you on a date." He said as I giggled.

"You already do that." I said as he shrugged. "I'm gonna take you on a real date. One you'll never forget." He said then kissed me.

"Gross." Jake said as we walked into the dining room. "Shut up. I've seen your tongue down Tara's throat more times than I can count." Colby said and raised his brows.

"He gotcha there." Sam said as Colby set me down, reaching for my crutches.

"This set up looks so nice." Corey said and admired the table that we carefully decorated.

"We worked on it all day. Also none of us know how to cook so don't judge the food." Devyn said as she and Katrina brought food in from the kitchen.

I thought it was so sweet that we all came together to make this Thanksgiving special. Even when I lived with my family Thanksgiving was never great.

I would sometimes make the kids some stuffing with a stovetop mix and would have deli turkey but we couldn't afford to actually have a meal like this.

Although I missed my blood relatives, I was grateful to this newfound family I had.