The lights dim before the announcer's voice echoes through the stadium as the crowd starts to cheer. The stakes are high tonight considering it's a home game, the first game of the season, and it's against our biggest enemy. How the game went tonight paved the way for the rest of the season. 

"WHOSE READY FOR SOME HOCKEY!!!!" Sirens blare through the air as spotlights dance around the ice. The crowd gets louder as I lean back in my seat, my hands coming up to cover Asher's ears.

"Here's your Tampa Bay Tigers starting line up." He continues as the crowd starts to boo. "Defensemen, Ben Shoulders and Caleb Svenksy." Their picture and information pop up on the big screen as they skate out onto the middle of the ice. 

"On the Left Wing side, we have Quinn James." He skates onto the ice, the image changing from the defensemen's info to his. "And on the Right Wing side, we have Mateo Kingston." The picture changes again as he joins Quinn James onto the ice. 

"The Tigers starting Centre, Shayne Sampson." The announcer says as the whole crowd starts to boo him. When Sampson got onto the ice I think I heard guy even yell for him to "kiss his ass". 

"And we have the Tigers goalie, Ricky Salzan." The crowd boos even louder. He hops onto the ice, meeting the rest of the team as they all stand in a line.

"Traitor!" Someone yells behind us. 

Salzan used to be on our team. He got mad that Evan was starting instead of him, since Evan was younger and newer. The truth was, Evan was just better, and he didn't like it, so he broke his contract, which got him sued, and Tampa took him because one of their goalies had just retired. 

"ALRIGHT ALRIGHT! THAT'S WHAT I LIKE TO HEAR!! NOW, WHOSE READY TO SEE SOME MAVERICKS ?!" He asks as the crowd starts cheering, stomping their feet and clapping their hands. 

"For your Miami Mavericks starting line up, we have Andrew Carson on Left Defense!" He announces as people continue to cheer when his picture/info appears on the screen and he hops onto the ice. He stops directly in front of Ben Shoulders, adjusting the strap on his helmet. "On Right Defense, we have Brett Miller!" The screen changes again as he skates onto the ice, the crowd consistently cheering. 

"For our starting forward line, we have Left Winger, Christopher Lynch! On his opposite side we have Right Winger, Jake Henry! Our starting Centre, Greyson Rhodes! And our starting Goalie, Evan Henderson!" All of their pictures pop up on the screen one at a time as they skate out one at a time. I try not to cheer too loudly, in hopes of keeping Asher asleep as long as I can. The four of them do a lap around the rink as they usually do, a superstition that started a couple of years ago, before they join the rest of the team in a line across from the Tigers

"And now, here to sing our National Anthem, contest on America's Got Talent, Scarlett Paisley."

✳︎

Tugging off the sleeve of my puffy jacket, I slide it under my seat. The first intermission was just about over and I was sweating, between Greyson's away game jersey, my coat, and the blanket I had over Asher, I had my own personal heater. "They need to headman the puck a little more. They do that, they've got a clear shot to the Cup Finals this year." I say, bouncing my leg up and down in anticipation. 

Neither team had scored a single point. The upside about Salzan being the starting goalie, our guys knew his strengths and weaknesses. The downfall, Tampa now knew most of our guys' strengths and weaknesses. 

Falling EffectOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara