Eleven | Legend

<><><>
SOTC: Despasito (Remix) by Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee, and Justin Bieber

Upon my fourth period ceasing, I swam through students infusing the school with various colognes and perfumes to arrive in the front spot of the sought-after lunch line. Even block days needed to be in the top ten causes of starvation.

Suddenly, a quick tap on my shoulder resulted in my head turning to a defeated face.

"Dammit!" Upon Cody's shout at me for my indifference to his swift action, the neighboring walkers glued their eyes to us and a far away girl dropped her binder. "Scare you once, and that's it? You can't be scared again?"

Oh, may my breath smell luxurious now in the glorious face of this god!

However, by the holiest of miracles, I normally got out, "Can you be any louder?"

"I can." Suddenly, Vaughn appeared behind Cody and cupped his hands by his mouth. "SHIT, MY PERIOD JUST STARTED!"

"Vaughn!" Cody shouted as neighboring guys and girls lost it, punching him in the shoulder. Vaughn only chuckled at his brother's action, lightly hitting back.

"Alright, see you later loser," Vaughn said before looking at me and making finger guns. "You too, Daph."

"Bye!" I giggled as Vaughn disappeared into the sea of people. Scratch that. If you're bold enough to shout you had the body part producing Satan's waterfall, never will you vanish.

Cody's Godiva chocolate eyes peered to the right before taking in mine again. "Well, I'll catch you later, Daphne."

"And you as well," I answered him as he went from my sight.

God, grant me children with this man!

———

"Ok, so we have this dress!" Rosalina scrolled to the next photo. "And this one!"

"Definitely that one!" I pointed at the second photo, one of an orange dress with a slit on its right side accenting her shape. Orange was her color, and the fabric was gorgeous like her.

"I'm with Daphne," Hallie agreed.

Finally, I had gotten through the long lunch line and sat with my girls to help Rosalina pick out a dress for her yearly disastrous occasion: the Hollister family reunion.

"I firmly believe that dress is the most exquisite, too." Rosalina turned off her phone and sighed. "Hopefully Axel doesn't puke on it after trying edibles for the first time."

"May your off-the-shoulder romper rest in peace," I said.

"And barf," Hallie added.

Rosalina giggled.

My eyes wandered around the cafeteria until I found an unoccupied table through the clusters of people. The table's typical owner wasn't at Lunch. I wouldn't have seen Kolzyn in class either way, though, since I had my even classes today.

"Hey, girls!"

I turned straight around to accidentally face Cody's you-know-what far away, and my temperature skyrocketed a hundred degrees before looking up at his face. Oh, why must there be inconveniences to being five-three?

But maybe the you-know-what wasn't lit—

Bad Daphne!

"How's it going?" Cody added, snapping me away from my thoughts about that.

"Very splendid, Cody," Rosalina said. "We were just talking about our time of the month!"

Hallie and I snorted at her blasphemy.