-Chapter 31-

"Bakugo!"

Opening your eyes, you felt a tear trickle down your cheek. The ventilator and heart monitor made beeping noises that worried you. Moving your tiresome eyes around, you noticed a new room: a hospital room. Your stomach ached, but it wasn't in too much pain. You felt so fatigued, that you couldn't move a muscle.

Feeling movement by your side, your eyes slowly looked that way, though it strained them slightly. You saw a noticeable blonde, spiky hair. His head was atop his folded arms over your bed.

A sudden rush of excitement hit you. The tears grew as they ran down your face. Muffling anything was difficult since you were weak.

Bakugo! You're alive!

"Ba..." you spoke, but it hurt. Muffling didn't awake him.

Maybe if I move my hand.

Pushing past the weakness, you scooted your hand towards him inch by inch. Since he was close, you were able to graze his forearm. You couldn't move your arm anymore as you used all your energy to just brush him with your fingertips.

He slowly lifted his head, blinking from his nap. Through the clear ventilator, there was a grin of happiness. The tears ran down the side of the breathing machine, dripping onto your clothes and blanket.

Looking your way, he widened his eyes. "You're...awake." He was so shocked he didn't speak for the next two minutes.

"Ba..."

"Don't." He looked into your eyes with his red ones. "You don't need to speak now." His face was straight, calm looking. You knew smiling kindly wasn't his strong suit, so this face worked. "I saved you," he whispered under his breath, moving his eyes away from you.

She's awake.

He looked at your monitor to see your heart rate. "Hey! You need to calm down, it's going too fast!" Hearing him, you chuckled, wincing at the pain in your abdomen. He gazed your way one more time before getting a phone call. He lifted the phone to his ear.

Bakugo stood, sighing. "Shut it, shitty-hair." Bakugo stuffed his free hand in his pocket, presenting one of his irritated faces. "Hey! Stop saying that!" Pulling his phone away, he ended the call. "Hey!" His irritated eyes looked your way, but you knew he wasn't annoyed with you. "I'll visit you later to see if you're still alive! Got it? If your dead, I'm going to kill you!" Scoffing, he stomped towards the door.

He saved me.

Your smile stayed plastered on your face as a nurse entered your room.

"Hello, sweetheart, how are you feeling?" She made her way toward the monitors with a clipboard. "I know you can't really talk yet, but don't worry. You will be tomorrow." She wrote the information down, then gazed towards you. "Do you want to know how long you've been out?"

With the little energy you had, you nodded, seeing a grin appear on her face.

"You've been asleep for a month." You widened your eyes to the news.

A month? What about school? My training? Will I even become a hero in this condition?

"Don't worry, your principal notified us that you're going to be excused from anything for the time you're gone. Recovering from this injury will take about another month until you are capable of fighting, even then, you want to watch it, ok?" Nodding again, she then left you alone.

She opened the door, revealing a man you haven't seen since before Buddy's death.

"D..."

He waved your way, entering the room and sitting in the chair beside you. "Hey, Y/N." A tear trickled down his cheek, almost making you cry more.

He must've been so worried.

"I'm so glad you're finally awake." Though he grinned like everything was alright, you noticed something. Bruises were all over his arms and a few small ones on his face. He had dark bags beneath his eyes from lack of sleep. Angling your brows upward, your dad noticed your worrisome face.

What happened, dad?

"You're probably wondering what happened. Can I ask this very small thing of you?" Nodding slightly, he continued. "Please let me tell you what has happened after you get discharged, alright?" Nodding, you felt his hand rub the top of yours. "I'm glad you were able to save your friend."

You couldn't hold the tears back anymore, they all poured out.

I didn't know about my second quirk until a few months ago, dad! I forgot about it! I wish I could've saved Buddy and Nighteye. I'm sorry!

"It's not your fault he's gone. It isn't, so don't blame yourself. The villains are to blame." You calmed the rivers from your eyes as you both sat in silence.

He looked down at your hand and then back to your eyes. "You know, your eye colour is a mix of mine and mom's?" You shook your head, not believing it. "Well, none of us have silver eyes, but it is recessive in her family. The blue came from me, obviously." Hearing this made you think of Buddy's eyes. His were almost like yours, but the blue stripes were positioned differently.

His eyes were really beautiful.

"I've always wondered why you guys only had a few stripes, but who knows? I think you and your brother had the most amazing eyes on this planet." A grin grew on your lips. "I'm glad to have raised the both of you. I'm sorry about your mother and how she treated you while I was gone, but you had Buddy." Nodding, he patted your hand, standing then slowly walking towards the door.

Bye, dad. I'll get that information soon so if you need help, I can help.

"Until next time, Y/N." he waved, leaving the room with silence.

Thanks. Telling me that small story helped me a lot.