-Chapter 13-

Laying your head on the desk, the events of your brother's death re-occurred in your head. Everyone else left the room to eat lunch, so with everyone gone, you thought it'd be ok to cry a little bit. Seeing Buddy's gleaming face made a few tears escape your eyes, feeling them land on the desk. Your hands fiddled with each other in your lap.

"That sky.." you paused, seeing the sun shine brightly through the window. "It's so beautiful."

Footsteps sounded down the hall, a lot of them. Quickly, you lifted your head and wiped the tears from your cheeks and the desk.

Stay calm. Stay calm. They won't notice.

"Ok, let's talk about the scores on the math test." Staring out the window, you saw dark clouds begin to roll in.

That's not good.

"Our average is about ninety percent, which is great, considering our last test." All the students shot smiles and lifted their hands in joy while you sat completely frozen. "So, you all did well. No one got a score below seventy percent."

That seventy percent was probably me.

As the room darkened due to the clouds, your mind started to cave, but you held on, hoping that you would think of nothing. Spinning your head towards Aizawa, you noticed the projector displaying a movie screen.

"We are going to watch a movie for this accomplishment. Mina, turn the lights off."

"Yes, sir!" She rushed to the light switch, flicking the lights off.

As the movie played, you realized it to be an action movie, one that seemed oddly familiar. You attempted to search your mind for wherever you've seen this, then suddenly, a song played. Letting out a quiet gasp, a realization hit you like a truck. Your silver eyes began to water and with one blink, you felt a tear trickle.

This is the movie that showed Buddy his favourite song.

To hide your tears, you rested your head in your arms.

I can't ask to go to the bathroom or else I'll break down and never come back to this room.

You sniffled just a bit, but it was too quiet compared to the loud roaring of the men fighting in the scene. Widening your eyes, you asked yourself a question.

What about my parents? Dad must be so torn, and so is mom. Mom was always someone who despised me, so I bet she would be ok if I were to die.

Bakugo looked forward to seeing your shoulders bob, but you didn't make a sound. Only a few sniffles escaped your nose.

Is she...crying?

Hagakure reached her hand over the isle to touch your shoulder. A small gasp escaped your breath. "Hey, are you alright?" she whispered. You nodded, hearing the song play in your ears as a man dies in the scene. "Ok." Hagakure pulled her hand away, looking back at the movie.

The sounds of the pittering rain hit the windows. Lightning turned into voices of thunder ringing in your ears.

This is the worst time for all of this. What a coincidence, huh?

When the movie finally finished, you were already done crying. To pretend you were asleep, you kept your head in your arms. The flick of the light switch turned the dark room into one that shone in subtle yellow light. Your breathing was practically normal.

"Is she ok?" Midoriya questioned as his eyes glanced your way.

A few shrugs from the rest of the class made the room silent.

Kirishima whispered, "She's probably asleep."

Bakugo kicked the back of your chair, causing your head to shoot up from your desk. "Hey! Heroes don't sleep in class, Wings!"

Turning your body, you blurted, "Oh, yea? Watch me sleep!" your shout wasn't one that sounded like your usual teasing. This one was a true yell of rage. Your head crashed back onto your arms as everyone was left speechless.

***

Later that night, you trotted towards Bakugo's room with a grin and a black pen. Knocking on his door, you took a few quick breaths to prepare your act.

When the door opened, you blurted, "Hey!"

"Why are you so happy?!" Bakugo allowed you into his room, slamming the door behind you. "You weren't so jolly in class earlier!"

When your mind traveled back to your rageful shout, you shrugged. "I have no clue what you're talking about. Let's start!"

"Don't tell me what to do!"

You chuckled lightly. This act of yours was getting better and better, but your mental pain was only worsening. Though the act showed itself to be more believable, doing the act only grew more difficult.

Bakugo slammed the notes down on the floor. "Choose which one. I want to get this over quickly." Pointing your index finger to the one in the middle, Bakugo picked up the other notes and tossed them into the drawer. "How do you not know this shit? It's so easy!" Shrugging to his sigh, he started explaining in such a loud manner.

Though your mind was elsewhere, you were still forced to listen to him, since he was practically yelling at you about every part of the subject.

"What the hell are you doing?! Did I say to do that?" His shouts were funny to listen to, almost reminded you of the times you teased him back then. Even with your act in play, you still felt a bit better with this entertainment.

Scratching your mistake on your paper, you rewrote the equation. "There, is this better?"

Bakugo looked it back over again. "Are you a fucking idiot?"

"You must not be teaching me well because I'm writing it the way you told me." He ripped the pen out of your hand a wrote the equation properly.

"That's how you do it. If you were smart and paid attention, maybe you'd know! Are you even listening to me? From the looks of things, you daze in and out when I'm talking. Maybe I shouldn't teach you shit if you sit here and waste my time!"

Your eyes widened to his rampage of words. Throughout every session of his tutoring, you actually paid attention and focused on everything he said.

Do I look dazed?

"No, I pay attention. I just thought you were telling me to write this another way." Looking down at your paper, he noticed where you screwed up. "See? I just mixed up your words. I Pay attention, don't worry." A lighthearted laugh left your lips. "Besides, why would I waste my time wasting your time? That doesn't make sense."

Bakugo grunted as he then continued to teach.