-Chapter 21-

Opening the room door, you heard the beeps of the heart monitor. Slowly walking in, you saw the disaster done to Ingenium.

Iida must be so hurt.

Your vision began to blur as the empathy for the blue-haired boy hit you. Sitting beside the hero, you sighed, looking at the equipment.

"Ingenium, I hope you the best," you whispered, thinking about healing up his smaller wounds.

Wait, do I know how to control my power? What if I accidentally heal him completely?

A tear trickled down your pale cheek. Moving your hand towards his, you lowered it, feeling the bandages.

I don't even know you, but it hurts knowing a good person is in this state.

You heard the door swing shut, making you flick your eyes towards the boy. "What?" Iida questioned with a tear escaping his eye. "Are you...healing him?"

"Iida, I can't do that." you sighed, looking at the hand you were holding. "I really want to, but if I do that, I'll be in a coma just like him." Hearing Iida's footsteps, it was as if the empathy grew.

"I can't believe Stain did this," he grumbled, almost sounding like Bakugo.

"I don't want another good person gone." Raising your eyes, you noticed the fury presented on Iida's face.

Stomping his way towards the door, he said, "There's only one way to get revenge." You stood quickly, but he was already gone.

Oh, Iida.

***

"We're going to have field training. You guys have been assigned pro heroes to roam the city with and to train. While you are out there, know that you do not have your license to start attacking anyone with your quirks. Just watch the pros." Aizawa stated, presenting a list on the board. "These are the assignments."

Your eyes searched the list for your name, seeing it near the bottom. No one was beside your name, making you raise a brow. While looking at other names, you saw Best Jeanist with Bakugo and All Might's teacher, Gran Torino, with Midoriya.

"Sir, who am I with," you questioned. Aizawa looked at the board, noticing your name paired with no one.

"I guess we'll ask around and see who can bring you in."

"I can do it." Midoriya raised his hand. You turned your head to see his usual smile. "I'm sure Gran Torino is fine with it. Also, you said you wanted to work on that quirk of yours. Maybe being with me can help." You nodded, grinning back at the young man.

"Well, I guess that's settled," Aizawa stated, flicking the lights back on. "Oh, we have to choose hero names."

The classroom door busted open, revealing Midnight. She walked to the podium with her whip in her palm and her hands on her waist. "Hey, guys! We're choosing hero names today."

Hero names? I don't know of one.

One by one, everyone stepped up to state their hero names. The most interesting one was Bakugo's attempt at a name.

"Great Explosion Murder God Dynamite!" he blurted, making half the class laugh, even you. "What's so funny, huh?!"

"What kind of name is that?" Midnight scoffed and presented a smirk. "You need something appropriate, that's not it."

"What?!"

Your laughing continued and seeing the look on Bakugo's face made you struggle to breathe. Bakugo turned his eyes to see you almost dying.

Hagakure leaned towards you, asking, "Y/N, you alright?" Taking in a few coughs, you nodded.

"Bakugo." The class hummed in confusion. "Just call me Bakugo for now!" His fists were balled from the anger of not keeping his hero name. He stomped his way to his seat as you calmed your laughter.

Looking back, you whispered, "That name is so hilarious."

"Shut it, Wings!" he blurted back, slamming his palm against the table.

Midnight looked your way, signaling you to come up to the front of the class. Stepping forward, behind the podium, you started writing on the small board. Turning it, you presented the class with a string of letters. You grinned seeing all their looks darken from grins.

"But you don't have wings anymore." Midnight pointed out.

Though it use to sadden you, you felt anything but that. You were glad about using it since it's something you like.

"Honestly, I wasn't sure what I was going to name myself." Looking towards Bakugo, you continued. "When I was thinking of hero names, I thought about the one my brother and I were going to share, but since Twinsasters doesn't really stick now, the next name that came to mind was the name Bakugo calls me all the time: Wings." Looking back at Midnight with opened eyes, you explained, "But there's more to it than just someone calling me that. I actually really liked it when I had wings and when I didn't. Now, since I don't have wings anymore, I want to think of it as a reference to my healing quirk. I'll heal others so they can fly as heroes."

Midnight smiled to your justification, cracking her whip in the air. "Now that's what I like! Next!" You quickly erased the board and left it for the next person.

Sitting at your desk, you didn't realize how large your grin was; it was like a beam of light was flashing into everyone's eyes. Swinging your head back towards Bakugo, you raised a thumbs up." Thanks for the name." you whispered.

"Whatever." He crossed his arms while leaning back in his chair.

Looking forward, you felt excited about the upcoming internships, even if you knew hardly anything about Gran Torino, you still felt pumped.

***

"Damn, it's so packed!" you complained, feeling everyone's body heat against your skin.

Midoriya hummed in agreeance. "The train is getting close though."

Once you saw the doors in front of your eyes, you attempted to rush in, but it was still packed inside the train. Midoriya tagged along behind you, attempting to find an open spot.

"Found one." Midoriya grabbed your hand, snapping you back into reality. He dragged you a few feet forward, then sat on the booth like cushions. You sat between him and another person, feeling them squish closer to you as others were trying to fill in.

"Sorry if I'm hurting you." you apologized, seeing him wave with a grin.

"No worries."

Men finally closed the doors, allowing the train to move.

"Are you sure it's ok for me to tag along?" You turned your eyes towards Midoriya, realizing how much closer you were to him. The person squished next to you stepped out of the booth, leaving you some wiggle room.

"Yea, I asked Gran Torino and he said it was ok."

"That's good." you sighed in relief, seeing the city fly by the window. Midoriya continued to watch the scenery as you then leaned forward, resting your head on the table. Your eyes saw the light blue sky appear more gradually, making you grin. Closing your eyes, you felt your consciousness fade.

"Oh, Y/N. Gran Torino wanted to know if you can pass your-" Midoriya looked your way, seeing your calm face in a sleeping state. With a small grin, he looked back out the window.

I'm glad she's feeling better.